none
Is there a way to disable a page break on the end only?

Question

• I am creating a report in Reporting Services 2008R2.

I have disabled page breaks before on a group, but have a more specific need on this report.

I have several groups on the report, however the three I nned to focus on are Batch, DealerGroup, ContractStatus with Batch being the parent to DealerGroup and DealerGroup the parent of ContractStatus.

My page break settings are as follows:

Batch - Between

DealerGroup - Between and End

ContractStatus - none

The results I'm getting are confusing. The Batch breaks properly.

I placed a rectangle in the footer of teh ContractStatus with a fill color to show where it was in the report. When the DealerGroup shows Between and end, there is an instance of the ContractStatus before and after the detai group. When the ContractStatus is "Accepted" there is an extra blank page before the last instance of the Batch group. It almost appears as if the Contractstatus group is split over two pages.

When I uncheck the "End" checkbox, the extra page disappears (however the instance of the Batch footer appears part-way down the page). The problem is that when the "End" is removed, the "Cancelled" ContractStatus shows no page break between the detail and the last Batch instance. It acts like a toggle on the ContractStatus. I've double-checked the ContractStatus and tehre is no page break defined on that group. There is also no filter or condition on the group.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 7:57 PM

All replies

• W can set the BreakLocation property in the Tablix Properties, Rectangle Properties, or Group Properties dialog boxes, but you must set the Disabled, ResetPageNumber, and PageName properties in the Report Builder Properties pane. If the properties in the Properties pane are organized by category, you will find the properties in the PageBreak category. For more infortion about page break and page number, please see:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd255278.aspx
    Tuesday, April 30, 2013 1:55 AM
  • Thanks for the response.

Unfortunately, I'm working in BIDS (not Report Builder). I find the same properties that you mentioned, but the fact remains that if I choose PageBreak at END in the properties of the tablix member, it defaults to Between and End on the object itself (Group). Apparently I am not able to only break at END of the group.

Wednesday, May 01, 2013 2:13 PM