none
Subscriptions cannot be created because the credentials used to run the report are not stored, or if a linked report, the link is no longer valid

Question

• Trying to create a subscription on SSRS 2008 but getting message above (in title). Have gone to datasource and added report datasource. Have selected 'Credentials stored securely in the report server' option and entered login that has been set up for subscriptions and the password and have also clicked on the 'Use as Windows credentials when connecting to the data source' button and when click on test connection says 'Connection created successfully'.

However, when go to the report and select 'subscribe' option get still get the same message - 'subscriptions cannot be created etc'

What have i done wrong or what am I not doing?

Cheers, AndySugs
    Friday, November 25, 2011 4:40 PM

Answers

• Hi Bill Lu, Have managed to get the subscriptions working fine.

Apologies for not getting back sooner but I was struggling to remember what had done different to get it all working.

I think the issue was that in the Manage section on Reporting Services, on the data source tab, was trying to use 'A custom data source' option when datasource had already been set up and was available as a shared data source.

When changed data source to that it started to work OK

Cheers, AndySugs
    • Marked as answer by Sugsy Friday, December 09, 2011 12:19 PM
    Friday, December 09, 2011 12:17 PM

All replies

• Try checking this option - Use as Windows credentials when connecting to the data source
    Friday, November 25, 2011 5:07 PM
  • Hi Sugsy,

Thanks for your post.

After you type in the credentials info and check the 'Use as Windows credentials when connecting to the data source', you also need to click the Apply the apply the setting to the relevant report, otherwise, the setting you specified would be canceled.

More information about this topic, please refer to the article below:
    How to: Store Credentials for a Data Source (Report Manager)

Thanks,
    Bill Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    • Marked as answer by Zilong LuModerator Thursday, December 08, 2011 6:18 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Sugsy Friday, December 09, 2011 12:18 PM
    Monday, November 28, 2011 9:36 AM
  • Hi Bill Lu, Have managed to get the subscriptions working fine.

Apologies for not getting back sooner but I was struggling to remember what had done different to get it all working.

I think the issue was that in the Manage section on Reporting Services, on the data source tab, was trying to use 'A custom data source' option when datasource had already been set up and was available as a shared data source.

When changed data source to that it started to work OK

Cheers, AndySugs
    • Marked as answer by Sugsy Friday, December 09, 2011 12:19 PM
    Friday, December 09, 2011 12:17 PM
  • Thanks Sugsy,

It worked. I set up a specific active directory user ID and made sure he had standard rights to the report server and put in the connection string while checking the box using windows credentials when connecting to the data source.

Thanks again

Thursday, June 27, 2013 2:53 PM