none
The connection "{F31264CB-7BE2-4DDD-93D5-392DE2D0A359}" is not found. This error is thrown by Connections collection when the specific connection element is not found.

Question

• Hi, I have a main package and a child package. Now when i execute my main package, it comes to child package and stops at data flow task and gives me this weird error : The connection "{F31264CB-7BE2-4DDD-93D5-392DE2D0A359}" is not found. This error is thrown by Connections collection when the specific connection element is not found.

i opened child package in html and looked for "{F31264CB-7BE2-4DDD-93D5-392DE2D0A359}" but it doesnt make any sense.

i went through the following link as well, as somebody was having the same issue but didnt work.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqlintegrationservices/thread/2af470ac-d76d-4162-849f-a5e0411aa053

Now the data flow task where it stops, i am loading an excel sheet in SQL table.

Does anybody have any idea about it?

Thanks

Tuesday, June 07, 2011 9:05 PM

Answers

• Hi, i checked the XML code for child package and removed the connection for connection ID = "{F31264CB-7BE2-4DDD-93D5-392DE2D0A359}" and it worked. I think the reason was when i updated the connection for excel source it was still going to the previous connection. My package is working now. there is another simple way which i got to know today from my co-worker. in the solution explorer just right click on the package and click on Reset GUID's. it refreshes the package and package wont have any old connection ID's.

Thanks all for your help.

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 8:11 PM

All replies

• I ususally see this when I have a task that references a Connection Manager but that CM has since been deleted. Are there other error messages around this one to tell you what Task to look at?
    Todd C - MSCTS SQL Server 2005 - Please mark posts as answered where appropriate.
    Wednesday, June 08, 2011 1:30 AM
  • Can you clarify which scope stops?  Is it the child package that stops and throws the error?  Or the parent?

I've had this issue when I've renamed a connection within a package, or recreated it.  Usually opening the corresponding source or destination connection in the data flow task and re-selecting the target connection manager makes the problem go away.

If you're trying to reference a connection in the parent package, don't bother - this won't work.  You'll need to create a new connection in the child package and use Parent Configuration Properties (See SSIS | Configurations - select "Parent Configuration" as the configuration type) to set up the properties of your child connection.

If you can paste in an image of your workspace (child/parent package views + child package data flow view) I might be able to offer more insightful detail.

Cheers

Jeremy Huppatz
    Managing Consultant: Solitaire Systems

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 2:53 AM
  • Hello Todd and gedulous, Thanks for your responce. when i open my output window i see errors for both Parent and child package and there are 2 failed validation error messages too. i had renamed the connection manager for the excel source in data flow task but today i went to my old child package, (the way it was created) and kept the same name for connection string of excel source but still showing the same error. i also reselected the target connection. i am trying to figure out if something is wrong in package configuration as it shows that error for both main and child packate in output window.  @gedulous, i tried to put snapshots but its not allowing to paste it here.

Thanks

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 2:16 PM
  • Renaming Connection Managers is (mostly) harmless - Tasks refer to the CM GUID, and since that doesn't change, they will point to the renamed Connection Manager just fine.  Configurations are different, however.  The GUID isn't stored in configs, the CM name is.  So if you rename a CM, you need to update your configurations.

Similar to that is parent package configs.  Are you passing down connection info from the parent to the child?  If so, check those as well.

Todd McDermid's Blog Talk to me now on
    Wednesday, June 08, 2011 3:44 PM
  • Hi, i checked the XML code for child package and removed the connection for connection ID = "{F31264CB-7BE2-4DDD-93D5-392DE2D0A359}" and it worked. I think the reason was when i updated the connection for excel source it was still going to the previous connection. My package is working now. there is another simple way which i got to know today from my co-worker. in the solution explorer just right click on the package and click on Reset GUID's. it refreshes the package and package wont have any old connection ID's.

Thanks all for your help.

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 8:11 PM