none
PDF question

Question

• I have right clicked on the tablix and selected keep together in One page if posisble I have also played around with the Margins.. But can someone point me in the right direction. I need to export my report into PDF and it has to print in One page.. 

Thank you

FM

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 9:30 PM

Answers

• Hi Farhan1,

To make the report has only one page after exporting to PDF, you have to adjust the width and height size of the tablix. In the Properties of a report, the InteractiveSize property affects soft page break rendering formats, while the PageSize property affects the hard page break rendering formats including PDF. On the premise of minimizing of the white space in the report body, you need to ensure the width of the tablix at run time plus the Left Margin and the Right Margin doesn’t exceed the width of the PageSize, besides, the height of the tablix at run time plus the Top Margin and Bottom Margin doesn’t exceed the height of the PageSize.

Additionally, you can set the ConsumeContainerWhiteSpace property of the report to True.

Reference:
    Understanding Pagination in Reporting Services

Regards,

Mike Yin
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, April 12, 2013 6:50 AM

All replies

• In the report properties make sure :

Interactive size  = Page Size = Body size + margin

For example : If you Interactive size  = Page Size is 8.5 *11 and margin is 1,1,1,1

Then body size should be 6.5 * 9

Arrange according your requirement and report. The PDF should generate accordingly.

- Girija

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 9:42 PM
  • Hi Farhan1,

To make the report has only one page after exporting to PDF, you have to adjust the width and height size of the tablix. In the Properties of a report, the InteractiveSize property affects soft page break rendering formats, while the PageSize property affects the hard page break rendering formats including PDF. On the premise of minimizing of the white space in the report body, you need to ensure the width of the tablix at run time plus the Left Margin and the Right Margin doesn’t exceed the width of the PageSize, besides, the height of the tablix at run time plus the Top Margin and Bottom Margin doesn’t exceed the height of the PageSize.

Additionally, you can set the ConsumeContainerWhiteSpace property of the report to True.

Reference:
    Understanding Pagination in Reporting Services

Regards,

Mike Yin
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, April 12, 2013 6:50 AM