none
Adv Works : employee hierarchy selection with date

Question

• hi,

In SSRS reports, i used Date and Employee hierarchy as parameters.

if I select date hierarchy value, employee hierarchy has to be refreshed based on the first parameter selection.

because employee dimension has start and end date. 

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 7:58 AM

Answers

All replies

• hi,

In SSRS reports, i used Date and Employee hierarchy as parameters.

if I select date hierarchy value, employee hierarchy has to be refreshed based on the first parameter selection.

because employee dimension has start and end date. 

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 8:00 AM
  • What is it you need help with? - I don't see a question in your post.

BI Developer and lover of data (Blog | Twitter)

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 2:30 PM
  • hi,

this is the question.

if I select date hierarchy value, employee hierarchy has to be refreshed based on the first parameter(date ) selection.

how to achieve this?

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 3:09 PM
  • gotcha - so you need to use a cascading parameter design.

in the dataset used to populate the employee hierarchy parameter, you will need to use the value selected for the date parameter to filter the list of employees returned by the query.  

You will also need to order the parameters such that the date parameter appears before the employee hierarchy parameter.

BI Developer and lover of data (Blog | Twitter)

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 4:10 PM
  • Hi madbusg,

Since this issue is related to Analysis Services, I will move this thread to Analysis Services forum. Sometime delay might be expected from the job transferring. Your patience is greatly appreciated. 

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thanks,
    Katherine Xiong

Katherine Xiong
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, November 21, 2013 5:57 AM
  • Hi Madhusg,

It seems that you create a SQL Server Reporting Services report using the cube as data source. Now you want to refresh the employee parameter based on the first parameter selection. If in this case, you need create cascading parameters as BillAnton said. Here is a link about How do I create cascading parameters when using cube database in Reporting Services, please see:
    How do I create cascading parameters when using cube database in Reporting Services

Regards,

Charlie Liao
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, November 21, 2013 8:45 AM