none
SSRS 2008 R2 - datetime parameter "visually" format?

Question

• Hi, I have SSRS 2008 R2 in SharePoint 2010 integration mode.

My report has Date/Time data type parameter. When user open report, "visually" date format is MM/DD/YYYY, but I would like to have DD/MM/YYYY format (same if user pick date from Calender drop-down date selection). Any idea (like is it Report Server region settings or SSRS settings OR SharePoint date settings OR ... ).

Any idea how to "visually" shows date parameter as DD/MM/YYYY format? Thank You.

Friday, May 20, 2011 12:30 AM

Answers

• I found solution to change date-format by changing SharePoint site settings (Site Settings > Regional Settings > Set language to English (Australia) and Australia time-zone). Thanks all for reply.
    • Marked as answer by KM IT Saturday, May 21, 2011 6:48 AM
    Saturday, May 21, 2011 6:48 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I am afraid that you cannot change the default format of the date time picker in SSRS. There are several posts on forums which says this can be achieved by changing the regional settings of the machine and language settings of the SQL server and several other stuff! i tried with these options and none of them worked ! Finally i had to go with the default format which SSRS provides.

HTH,

Ram

• Proposed as answer by Ramakrishnan.lh Friday, May 20, 2011 6:37 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by KM IT Saturday, May 21, 2011 6:46 AM
    Friday, May 20, 2011 3:18 AM
  • As RamaKrishna Mentioned , this cannot be handled at the SSRS level. But this date format is being picked up from the date time settings of the server. If you can change the Short date format in the server where SSRS is installed , you can see the changed format in the Date Picker. But changing the format at server level mat affect other applications running in it.
    Friday, May 20, 2011 9:53 AM
  • I found solution to change date-format by changing SharePoint site settings (Site Settings > Regional Settings > Set language to English (Australia) and Australia time-zone). Thanks all for reply.
    • Marked as answer by KM IT Saturday, May 21, 2011 6:48 AM
    Saturday, May 21, 2011 6:48 AM
  • Hi,

I had "visual" datetime parameter problem with croatian language and i resolved issue by changing regional stuff on the server ssrss and sharepoint 2010 are installed on. Go to control panel, Region and Language, and there you can change current short and long date formats.

After I changed that, everything worked fine for me.

EDIT *** Correction ... Everything works fine in Report Builder 3.0, still can't make it to work in sharepoint 2010 report viewer webpart.

EDIT 2 *** I changed Region and Language for service account that is used both for SP2010 and SSRS and now everything works fine both in Report builder 3.0 and SP2010 report viewer webpart.

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 7:17 AM