none
SQL Server 2008 R2 - JOB has been scheduled but not running on time

Question

• I have 3 jobs scheduled to run on SQL Server at 10:00PM , 10:05PM and 10:10PM daily.

They are scheduled with service account [sa] and the password has not been expired. It ran fine for couple of days and all of a sudden, some of the jobs have not been kicked off on time and I have to manually start the job.

I restarted the Agent once but no use. Is there any patch need to install? I have SQL Server 2008 R2 (10.50.2500.0).

Thanks

Raja

Friday, July 26, 2013 3:50 PM

Answers

All replies

• Have you checked the end date of scheduling, Please send a screen shot where you scheduled job, that would be more than helpful.

Thanks and Regards, Prajesh Please use Marked as Answer if my post solved your problem and use Vote As Helpful if a post was useful.

Friday, July 26, 2013 3:59 PM
  • Yes, I have selected the option as NO END DATE at the time of job creation

Thanks

Raja

Friday, July 26, 2013 4:02 PM
  • If possible share the Job Schedule properties screenshot please

Thanks and Regards, Prajesh Please use Marked as Answer if my post solved your problem and use Vote As Helpful if a post was useful.

Friday, July 26, 2013 4:06 PM
  • I'm trying to upload but not permitting me.
    Friday, July 26, 2013 4:07 PM
  • I'm not able to upload the screenshot. But here is the script for the schedule

EXEC @ReturnCode = msdb.dbo.sp_add_jobschedule @job_id=@jobId, @name=N'Client1 Schedule', 
    @enabled=1, 
    @freq_type=8, 
    @freq_interval=62, 
    @freq_subday_type=1, 
    @freq_subday_interval=0, 
    @freq_relative_interval=0, 
    @freq_recurrence_factor=1, 
    @active_start_date=20130614, 
    @active_end_date=99991231, 
    @active_start_time=214500, 
    @active_end_time=235959, 
    @schedule_uid=N'6ec200f6-26f5-4792-b54f-c7fa180f72ff'

Friday, July 26, 2013 4:20 PM
  • Hi,

Please check the end date of schedule, and check if any job may confilct with another job by producing deadlock on that job.

to check the job manully right click on the job and select start job on step and start.

I hope this is helpful.

Please Mark it as Answered if it answered your question
    OR mark it as Helpful if it help you to solve your problem
    Elmozamil Elamir Hamid

MCSE Data Platform
    MCITP: SQL Server 2008 Administration/Development
    MCSA SQL Server 2012
    MCTS: SQL Server Administration/Development

MyBlog

Friday, July 26, 2013 5:10 PM
  • I was babysitting the job last night to see whats happening on that time. Nothing was happened but job was not kicked off.

I even checked the application event log but found nothing at that time. Also there was no end date of the schedule.

Friday, July 26, 2013 5:14 PM
  • Go through the below link

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2598903/en-us

Assuming no one change system date time, if some one have reset then there is chance to bouncing the agent service.

Jobs have last run date/time and next run date/time. Each time the jobs runs ,these values get updated. Please look in MSDB and you will see these details. You can also look in Job history.

Friday, July 26, 2013 5:34 PM
  • if the job running for much more time, it will ignore the next running schedule.

for example:

you set the job running every one hour, but it ran for about 1 hour and 30 minutes, it will ignore the next schedule.

If you haven't all the things you want,be grateful for the things you don't have that you didn't want.

Saturday, July 27, 2013 3:13 AM