none
How to Remove Subtotal in PowerView Matrix?

Question

• Hi,

how can I remove a Subtotal from a PowerView Matrix?

I already tried to change the options in the extended menu of Power Pivot for the column as I read this could fix the issue. But it does not help.

I need the Sum at the end of the year, but I want to remove the Subtotal after each month.

Any suggestions?

Best Regards

Jörg

Sunday, May 19, 2013 2:18 PM

All replies

• Default grouping at the field level creates a subtotal for each field. If you only want a single subtotal that is calculated at the row level, setting the Row Identifier produces this result.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh479561.aspx

Please remember to click Mark as Answer and Vote as Helpful on posts that help you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Randhir

Monday, May 20, 2013 5:04 AM
  • Hi Radhir,

thank you very much for your answer.

I work in the tabular mode with PowerPivot. Does the row identifier allow me to remove the subtotoals at the columns as well? So that the dashbord from my first post just shows totals and sums at the end of each data set?

I already enabled something in PowerPivot that looks like the Row Identifier. Enabling this setting brings a grey sign next to my measure in PowerView. However the dashboard does not change. Do I make something wrong? Or do I misinterpret the ability of the Row Identifier?

Monday, May 20, 2013 6:33 AM