none
Error 3449 SQL Server shutdown

Question

• SQL Server 2005 X64 Standard running on Windows Server 2003 X64 Htper Threaded Quad processors with 16 GB RAM.

I have had two production servers shut down this week due to Error 3449: SQL Server must shut down in order to recover a database (database ID 1). The database is either a user database that could not be shut down or a system database. Restart SQL Server. If the database fails to recover after another startup, repair or restore the database.

Previous to the shutdown I received multiple Error 3314 & 602: Could not find an entry for table or index with partition ID 491897996509184 in database 2. This error can occur if a stored procedure references a dropped table, or metadata is corrupted. Drop and re-create the stored procedure, or execute DBCC CHECKDB.

Also, Error 9001: During undoing of a logged operation in database 'msdb', an error occurred at log record ID (838:208:1). Typically, the specific failure is logged previously as an error in the Windows Event Log service. Restore the database or file from a backup, or repair the database.

Does anyone have an idea why I have begun receiving these error messages? I have run dbcc checkdb on Master and msdb and they do not show any problems.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006 1:45 PM

All replies

• I am getting the same error message except ofr the last one (, Error 9001: During undoing of a logged operation in database 'msdb', an error occurred at log record ID (838:208:1). Typically, the specific failure is logged previously as an error in the Windows Event Log service. Restore the database or file from a backup, or repair the database.)

How did you solve this problem,? and why this error showing up?

Thanks

Friday, April 20, 2007 8:17 PM
  • Alright Chaps,

There is a hotfix available from microsoft for the errors that you guys are getting. Please check the below link:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/916086

regards

Jag

Friday, April 20, 2007 10:37 PM
  •  

This is really strange.  I've just had a SQL Server shutdown on me today, causing the databases to failover to the mirror server, with this very error except this is running SQL Server 2005 x64 SP2 and according to the KB article the bug should only affect x86 servers and this was fixed in SP1.

Any ideas?

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: MSSQLSERVER
    Event Category: (2)
    Event ID: 602
    Date:  17/09/2008
    Time:  7:40:17 AM
    User:  N/A
    Computer: DB
    Description:
    Could not find an entry for table or index with partition ID 429917890215936 in database 2. This error can occur if a stored procedure references a dropped table, or metadata is corrupted. Drop and re-create the stored procedure, or execute DBCC CHECKDB.

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Service Control Manager
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 7024
    Date:  17/09/2008
    Time:  7:40:17 AM
    User:  N/A
    Computer: DB
    Description:
    The SQL Server (MSSQLSERVER) service terminated with service-specific error 3449 (0xD79).

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 2:23 PM