none
Unable to connect to the remote server

Question

• <Header>
      <Product>Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services Version 9.00.2050.00</Product>
      <Locale>en-US</Locale>
      <TimeZone>Eastern Daylight Time</TimeZone>
      <Path>C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.3\Reporting Services\LogFiles\ReportServerWebApp__04_07_2007_10_54_49.log</Path>
      <SystemName>PC24HOURS</SystemName>
      <OSName>Microsoft Windows NT 5.2.3790 Service Pack 2</OSName>
      <OSVersion>5.2.3790.131072</OSVersion>
    </Header>
    w3wp!library!1!4/7/2007-10:54:49:: i INFO: Initializing ReportBuilderTrustLevel to '0'  as specified in Configuration file.
    w3wp!library!1!4/7/2007-10:54:49:: i INFO: Initializing MaxActiveReqForOneUser to '20' requests(s) as specified in Configuration file.
    w3wp!library!1!4/7/2007-10:54:49:: i INFO: Initializing MaxScheduleWait to default value of '1' second(s) because it was not specified in Configuration file.
    w3wp!library!1!4/7/2007-10:54:49:: i INFO: Initializing DatabaseQueryTimeout to default value of '30' second(s) because it was not specified in Configuration file.
    w3wp!library!1!4/7/2007-10:54:49:: i INFO: Initializing ProcessRecycleOptions to default value of '0'  because it was not specified in Configuration file.
    w3wp!library!1!4/7/2007-10:54:49:: i INFO: Initializing RunningRequestsScavengerCycle to default value of '30' second(s) because it was not specified in Configuration file.
    w3wp!library!1!4/7/2007-10:54:49:: i INFO: Initializing RunningRequestsDbCycle to default value of '30' second(s) because it was not specified in Configuration file.
    w3wp!library!1!4/7/2007-10:54:49:: i INFO: Initializing RunningRequestsAge to default value of '30' second(s) because it was not specified in Configuration file.
    w3wp!library!1!4/7/2007-10:54:49:: i INFO: Initializing CleanupCycleMinutes to default value of '10' minute(s) because it was not specified in Configuration file.
    w3wp!library!1!4/7/2007-10:54:49:: i INFO: Initializing DailyCleanupMinuteOfDay to default value of '120' minutes since midnight because it was not specified in Configuration file.
    w3wp!library!1!4/7/2007-10:54:49:: i INFO: Initializing WatsonFlags to default value of '1064'  because it was not specified in Configuration file.
    w3wp!library!1!4/7/2007-10:54:49:: i INFO: Initializing WatsonDumpOnExceptions to default value of 'Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.InternalCatalogException,Microsoft.ReportingServices.Modeling.InternalModelingException'  because it was not specified in Configuration file.
    w3wp!library!1!4/7/2007-10:54:49:: i INFO: Initializing WatsonDumpExcludeIfContainsExceptions to default value of 'System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException,System.Threading.ThreadAbortException'  because it was not specified in Configuration file.
    w3wp!library!1!4/7/2007-10:54:49:: i INFO: Initializing SecureConnectionLevel to default value of '1'  because it was not specified in Configuration file.
    w3wp!library!1!4/7/2007-10:54:49:: i INFO: Initializing DisplayErrorLink to 'True'  as specified in Configuration file.
    w3wp!library!1!4/7/2007-10:54:49:: i INFO: Initializing WebServiceUseFileShareStorage to default value of 'False'  because it was not specified in Configuration file.
    w3wp!ui!1!4/7/2007-10:54:58:: e ERROR: Unable to connect to the remote server
    w3wp!ui!1!4/7/2007-10:54:58:: e ERROR: HTTP status code --> 500
    -------Details--------
    System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.InternalConnect(EndPoint remoteEP)

at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Int32 timeout, Exception& exception)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream()

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.ReportingServices2005.ReportingService2005.ListSecureMethods()

at Microsoft.SqlServer.ReportingServices2005.RSConnection.GetSecureMethods()

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.UI.Global.RSWebServiceWrapper.GetSecureMethods()

at Microsoft.SqlServer.ReportingServices2005.RSConnection.IsSecureMethod(String methodname)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.ReportingServices2005.RSConnection.ValidateConnection()

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.UI.ReportingPage.EnsureHttpsLevel(HttpsLevel level)

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.UI.ReportingPage.ReportingPage_Init(Object sender, EventArgs args)

at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Web.UI.Control.OnInit(EventArgs e)

at System.Web.UI.Page.OnInit(EventArgs e)

at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
    w3wp!ui!1!4/7/2007-10:54:59:: e ERROR: Exception in ShowErrorPage: System.Threading.ThreadAbortException: Thread was being aborted.
       at System.Threading.Thread.AbortInternal()
       at System.Threading.Thread.Abort(Object stateInfo)
       at System.Web.HttpResponse.End()
       at System.Web.HttpServerUtility.Transfer(String path, Boolean preserveForm)
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.UI.ReportingPage.ShowErrorPage(String errMsg) at    at System.Threading.Thread.AbortInternal()
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.UI.ReportingPage.ShowErrorPage(String errMsg)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<Header>
      <Product>Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services Version 9.00.2050.00</Product>
      <Locale>en-US</Locale>
      <TimeZone>Eastern Daylight Time</TimeZone>
      <Path>C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.3\Reporting Services\LogFiles\ReportServerWebApp__04_07_2007_10_41_11.log</Path>
      <SystemName>PC24HOURS</SystemName>
      <OSName>Microsoft Windows NT 5.2.3790 Service Pack 2</OSName>
      <OSVersion>5.2.3790.131072</OSVersion>
    </Header>
    w3wp!library!1!4/7/2007-10:41:12:: i INFO: Initializing ReportBuilderTrustLevel to '0'  as specified in Configuration file.
    w3wp!library!1!4/7/2007-10:41:12:: i INFO: Initializing MaxActiveReqForOneUser to '20' requests(s) as specified in Configuration file.
    w3wp!library!1!4/7/2007-10:41:12:: i INFO: Initializing MaxScheduleWait to default value of '1' second(s) because it was not specified in Configuration file.
    w3wp!library!1!4/7/2007-10:41:12:: i INFO: Initializing DatabaseQueryTimeout to default value of '30' second(s) because it was not specified in Configuration file.
    w3wp!library!1!4/7/2007-10:41:12:: i INFO: Initializing ProcessRecycleOptions to default value of '0'  because it was not specified in Configuration file.
    w3wp!library!1!4/7/2007-10:41:12:: i INFO: Initializing RunningRequestsScavengerCycle to default value of '30' second(s) because it was not specified in Configuration file.
    w3wp!library!1!4/7/2007-10:41:12:: i INFO: Initializing RunningRequestsDbCycle to default value of '30' second(s) because it was not specified in Configuration file.
    w3wp!library!1!4/7/2007-10:41:12:: i INFO: Initializing RunningRequestsAge to default value of '30' second(s) because it was not specified in Configuration file.
    w3wp!library!1!4/7/2007-10:41:12:: i INFO: Initializing CleanupCycleMinutes to default value of '10' minute(s) because it was not specified in Configuration file.
    w3wp!library!1!4/7/2007-10:41:12:: i INFO: Initializing DailyCleanupMinuteOfDay to default value of '120' minutes since midnight because it was not specified in Configuration file.
    w3wp!library!1!4/7/2007-10:41:12:: i INFO: Initializing WatsonFlags to default value of '1064'  because it was not specified in Configuration file.
    w3wp!library!1!4/7/2007-10:41:12:: i INFO: Initializing WatsonDumpOnExceptions to default value of 'Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.InternalCatalogException,Microsoft.ReportingServices.Modeling.InternalModelingException'  because it was not specified in Configuration file.
    w3wp!library!1!4/7/2007-10:41:12:: i INFO: Initializing WatsonDumpExcludeIfContainsExceptions to default value of 'System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException,System.Threading.ThreadAbortException'  because it was not specified in Configuration file.
    w3wp!library!1!4/7/2007-10:41:12:: i INFO: Initializing SecureConnectionLevel to default value of '1'  because it was not specified in Configuration file.
    w3wp!library!1!4/7/2007-10:41:12:: i INFO: Initializing DisplayErrorLink to 'True'  as specified in Configuration file.
    w3wp!library!1!4/7/2007-10:41:12:: i INFO: Initializing WebServiceUseFileShareStorage to default value of 'False'  because it was not specified in Configuration file.
    w3wp!ui!1!4/7/2007-10:41:35:: e ERROR: Unable to connect to the remote server
    w3wp!ui!1!4/7/2007-10:41:35:: e ERROR: HTTP status code --> 500
    -------Details--------
    System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)

at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Int32 timeout, Exception& exception)

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.ReportingServices2005.ReportingService2005.ListSecureMethods()

at Microsoft.SqlServer.ReportingServices2005.RSConnection.IsSecureMethod(String methodname)

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.UI.ReportingPage.EnsureHttpsLevel(HttpsLevel level)

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.UI.ReportingPage.ReportingPage_Init(Object sender, EventArgs args)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
    w3wp!ui!1!4/7/2007-10:41:37:: e ERROR: Exception in ShowErrorPage: System.Threading.ThreadAbortException: Thread was being aborted.
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.UI.ReportingPage.ShowErrorPage(String errMsg) at    at System.Threading.Thread.AbortInternal()
    w3wp!ui!1!4/7/2007-10:41:45:: e ERROR: Unable to connect to the remote server
    w3wp!ui!1!4/7/2007-10:41:45:: e ERROR: HTTP status code --> 500
    -------Details--------

w3wp!ui!1!4/7/2007-10:41:46:: e ERROR: Exception in ShowErrorPage: System.Threading.ThreadAbortException: Thread was being aborted.
    w3wp!ui!1!4/7/2007-10:53:55:: e ERROR: Unable to connect to the remote server
    w3wp!ui!1!4/7/2007-10:53:55:: e ERROR: HTTP status code --> 500
    -------Details--------

w3wp!ui!1!4/7/2007-10:53:56:: e ERROR: Exception in ShowErrorPage: System.Threading.ThreadAbortException: Thread was being aborted.
    w3wp!ui!5!4/7/2007-10:54:01:: e ERROR: Unable to connect to the remote server
    w3wp!ui!5!4/7/2007-10:54:01:: e ERROR: HTTP status code --> 500
    -------Details--------

w3wp!ui!5!4/7/2007-10:54:02:: e ERROR: Exception in ShowErrorPage: System.Threading.ThreadAbortException: Thread was being aborted.

Saturday, April 07, 2007 3:14 PM

All replies

• ok, SQL Server work but when i try to connect i got this message

Anybody know what might be. the Reporting Services used to work

Saturday, April 07, 2007 3:16 PM
  • I have the same exact problem and still haven't found a resolution to it.
    Thursday, May 10, 2007 4:15 PM
  • Did you change you Server name ?

Well i figure it out but tell me what kind of problem you are having

Friday, May 11, 2007 12:40 PM