none
How to Create global Variable for Connection Manager in SSIS PAcakge

Question

• Hi,

now i am currently using SSIS Package using BUI, The Source and Destination File we Given Manullay Connect the Server name ,And Table . Instead of given Manual . How to create Global Variable  Connection Manager.

Suppose Today i am Working Developement Server. Latter i will be changed Production Server Database.  At That time we have to Going to Modify all the Connection .Instead of This How to Create the Connection Manager Gloabe Variable . and How to Use .Please Any one give Sample For Connection Manager  variable for Different Server.

Thanks &  Regards,

Jeyakumar.M

chennai

Thursday, July 06, 2006 1:18 PM

Answers

• SSIS configurations enable you to do this. They make your packages location independant.

I recommend you take a look at those before pursuing holding this sort of information in a variable.

-Jamie

Thursday, July 06, 2006 1:31 PM

All replies

• SSIS configurations enable you to do this. They make your packages location independant.

I recommend you take a look at those before pursuing holding this sort of information in a variable.

-Jamie

Thursday, July 06, 2006 1:31 PM
  • Hi Jami

thansk for your mail. please Send Me How to create Sample Configure XML file in SSI Package,.

How to give The Server Name ,Table Name ,In the Configration Manager. Pls send me The Step for Create XML Configuration File in SSIS Pacakge.

please provide the SATep by Step. How  to Create XML Cofigration file and how to deploy .

Thanks & regards,

JKeyakumar

Friday, July 07, 2006 4:43 AM
  • Hi Jamie !

When we create the XML Type Configration file in SSIS Package, Latter how to edith the Pasword and Server Name in open with Texpad.I can't edit  the Password. it s hiding.suppose latter i will change the User name and password how to Edith the XML Configration file.will we got againg Right Click  the confiration manager and Click the Edit Button or Directly open the XML File in the Text Edior . Is it Possible to edit the Passaword and server  name after creating Config file. please let me know

Thanks & Regards

Jeyakumar.M

Chennai

Monday, July 10, 2006 12:44 PM
  • SSIS will not store passwords for you. Simply open the .dtsconfig file up in Notepad and type in the password.

-Jamie

Monday, July 10, 2006 12:49 PM
  • Thanks jami

can i  give the Password the following place , i mean the "string value "

Properties[Password]" ValueType="String">

Thanks & Regards,

Jeyakumar.M

Monday, July 10, 2006 1:18 PM
  • Err not sure. Here's a tip for you though. Don't store all the individual properties. The only one you need to store is ConnectionString because this includes all the other properties.

-Jamie

Monday, July 10, 2006 1:29 PM
  • Hi,

U better can change the Expressions Option in the connection manager properties window. It is the easy way to establish the connection using the global variables....i had the same issue and i  figured out this couple of days b4.  This doesn't need any coding...dats really good thing

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 2:34 AM
  • hi Praveen

Thanks for your mail. can you please send the how to create xml type Configration file. after creating XMl file thne how to Use the connection manager to connect ths xml file. Suppose i am having different type of Server (Example: Developement and Production ) . currently working with Developement server .now i am manually mapping the Server name and Password? Latter This Package going to production server at that time we should change the Server Name Password. Is it Possible to Edit the configuration file the password and Server Name? Please give me with sample Clear picture.suppose u have any sample pls send me.

Thanks & Reards

Jeyakumar.m

chennai

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 6:22 AM
  • Yes it is possible to edit the configuration file. Use Notepad.exe - it works as well as anything else.

-Jamie

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 8:34 AM
  • Hi Jami !

Thanks for your mail. Jami i have one doubt for XML Configuration file. when  Implement  of SSIS Pacakge  Load from Developemnet to Production server  Instead of we given the Server Name ,DB name,Pasword Etec........ in XML Config file. I want at that time of Deployement it  Open  Samll window that window we type the Server name ,DB name ,Table Name ,Password. Is it possible in SSIS Package?

Like Windows Logon we give the Username ,Password same like is it possible in SSSIS Package .please give me ur suggestion?

Thanks & Regards,

Jeyakumar. M

chennai

Thursday, July 13, 2006 7:02 AM
  •  Jkumar wrote:

Hi Jami !

Thanks for your mail. Jami i have one doubt for XML Configuration file. when  Implement  of SSIS Pacakge  Load from Developemnet to Production server  Instead of we given the Server Name ,DB name,Pasword Etec........ in XML Config file. I want at that time of Deployement it  Open  Samll window that window we type the Server name ,DB name ,Table Name ,Password. Is it possible in SSIS Package?

Like Windows Logon we give the Username ,Password same like is it possible in SSSIS Package .please give me ur suggestion?

Thanks & Regards,

Jeyakumar. M

chennai

if i understand you correctly, you want to create the package configuration after deployment.  if that is the case, then you ought to consider using an indirect package configuration: http://dotnetjunkies.com/WebLog/appeng/archive/2006/05/30/indirectconfigpackagessis.aspx
    Thursday, July 13, 2006 7:32 AM
  • Thanks for your information.

by

Jeyakumar.M

Thursday, July 13, 2006 9:38 AM
  • Just be sure you want userid's mentioned in a plain-text xml file. Personally, where possible, I would suggest windows authentication so that you don't leave user credentials in files that might be visible to someone with less than pure intent.
    Thursday, July 13, 2006 1:23 PM
  •  Jkumar wrote:

Hi Jami !

The SSIS deployment wizard enables you to do this.

Jkumar wrote:

Sorry, not quite sure what you mean. Can you rephrase that?

-Jamie

Thursday, July 13, 2006 1:44 PM