none
Connect to database established, then dropped

Question

• Hello,

We are running SQLServer 2008r2 on a windows 2008r2,sp1 server. Some (not all) users are having connectivity issues from their client workstations.

For the user I am testing with (using his ID) here are the facts:

If I remote into the DB server as the user, I can bring up the database and access data just fine. This leads me to cross off sql server security.

If I try SSMS from my laptop, I get Error 10054 - existing connection (I got in) forcibly closed by the host. The dev server connects, prod does not. I have compared everything I know of and all parms match.

I loaded his application client onto my laptop. When I try to connect through the application, his ID gets a general network error. My ID accesses the application just fine. He has a userid in another domain, it accesses the application just fine. The event viewer shows this: The login packet used to open the connection is structurally invalid; the connection has been closed. Please contact the vendor of the client library. [CLIENT: ***.***.***.***]  when he tried to connect through his fat client to prod.

Dianne

Friday, February 24, 2012 5:04 PM

Answers

All replies