none
[Excel Destination [8968]] Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR. An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80004005.

Question

• Hi there !!

Im trying to get the Data from Sql server to Excel

So the steps i have done :

Step 1, Data flow task -> Oledb Source -> in Oledb source write a select command

Step 2, place the "Data Convertion" convert the data into unicode string[Dt_WSTR]

Step 3, Excel Destination - mapped it

Now if i run the package after processing 2,400 records im getting red on OLEDB source and Excel Destination ( if i place a datagrid view inbetween those OLedb and Excel destination...i can see the results , if i replace excel Destination with flat file, i have no problem with that too.But why with Excel ?

Any help ? Thanks

Regards,

Learning Bee

The errors i get in progress tab :

[Excel Destination [8968]] Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR.  An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80004005.

[Excel Destination [8968]] Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_INDUCEDTRANSFORMFAILUREONERROR.  The "input "Excel Destination Input" (8979)" failed because error code 0xC020907B occurred, and the error row disposition on "input "Excel Destination Input" (8979)" specifies failure on error. An error occurred on the specified object of the specified component.  There may be error messages posted before this with more information about the failure.

[DTS.Pipeline] Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_PROCESSINPUTFAILED.  The ProcessInput method on component "Excel Destination" (8968) failed with error code 0xC0209029. The identified component returned an error from the ProcessInput method. The error is specific to the component, but the error is fatal and will cause the Data Flow task to stop running.  There may be error messages posted before this with more information about the failure.

[DTS.Pipeline] Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_THREADFAILED.  Thread "WorkThread0" has exited with error code 0xC0209029.  There may be error messages posted before this with more information on why the thread has exited.

[OLE DB Source [1]] Error: The attempt to add a row to the Data Flow task buffer failed with error code 0xC0047020.

[DTS.Pipeline] Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_PRIMEOUTPUTFAILED.  The PrimeOutput method on component "OLE DB Source" (1) returned error code 0xC02020C4.  The component returned a failure code when the pipeline engine called PrimeOutput(). The meaning of the failure code is defined by the component, but the error is fatal and the pipeline stopped executing.  There may be error messages posted before this with more information about the failure.

[DTS.Pipeline] Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_THREADFAILED.  Thread "SourceThread0" has exited with error code 0xC0047038.  There may be error messages posted before this with more information on why the thread has exited.

Monday, May 02, 2011 8:28 PM

Answers

• Got It !!

The problem was with the Excel Connection

Things done for Fix :

• If the source is SQL Server then Change Sql Server Provider to "Native OLE Db\Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server"
    • Open the Excel File ( the file given for Destination ) and explicitly give the column names in that excel file which matches the output of Source columns

Thats it !!

• Marked as answer by Nike_Nick Tuesday, May 03, 2011 9:21 PM
    Tuesday, May 03, 2011 9:20 PM

All replies

• Hi,

you say you get the error after 2,400 rows - how many rows are in the data source?

A lot of excel errors come down to exceeding the row count - which is approx 65k

Seth

http://lqqsql.wordpress.com
    Tuesday, May 03, 2011 9:06 AM
  • Does the select statment has a "SELECT *" ? Please change it to column names instead of * and try.

http://www.sqlteam.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=143192

Tuesday, May 03, 2011 12:48 PM
  • Hey Sonar..Thanks for the reply...

Actually im not using * in select

here is my select statement

SELECT row1, row2 FROM  dbo.mytable

Regards

Learning Bee

Tuesday, May 03, 2011 2:03 PM
  • Hey Seth !!

Even i thought the same and tried selecting top 200 records but the same old story ,

Any ideas ?

Tuesday, May 03, 2011 2:10 PM
  • Got It !!

The problem was with the Excel Connection

Things done for Fix :

• If the source is SQL Server then Change Sql Server Provider to "Native OLE Db\Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server"
    • Open the Excel File ( the file given for Destination ) and explicitly give the column names in that excel file which matches the output of Source columns

Thats it !!

• Marked as answer by Nike_Nick Tuesday, May 03, 2011 9:21 PM
    Tuesday, May 03, 2011 9:20 PM