none
error in gauge panel

Question

• hi,

"an error has occurred during data evalution of gauge panel " this error  occurs in the report when i try to execute the report.

i dont know why this error comes. what ia the wrong in it? i took every measure not to provide other than numerical data.

please, some one help me in fixing this.

thanks

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 8:53 AM

Answers

• Hi sudeep,

From your description, you added a Guage item to your report. Could you please post me the Guage type and the detail steps to design it? Then, I will reproduce the scenario on my local machine, and then try to assist you to solve this issue.

Personally, I recommend you that try to redesign a Gugae item in your report. For more information about Add a Gauge to a Report, please refer to the article below:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc627440(v=sql.100).aspx

If the issue still persists, please post both reports and the dataset with sample data to us by the following E-mail address? Then, I will try to reproduce the scenario and assist you to resolve the problem.
    E-mail: sqltnsp AT microsoft.com (Please replace the AT with @, and remove additional spaces).

Thanks,
    Bin Long

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Monday, August 01, 2011 7:07 AM

All replies

• Hi sudeep,

From your description, you added a Guage item to your report. Could you please post me the Guage type and the detail steps to design it? Then, I will reproduce the scenario on my local machine, and then try to assist you to solve this issue.

Personally, I recommend you that try to redesign a Gugae item in your report. For more information about Add a Gauge to a Report, please refer to the article below:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc627440(v=sql.100).aspx

If the issue still persists, please post both reports and the dataset with sample data to us by the following E-mail address? Then, I will try to reproduce the scenario and assist you to resolve the problem.
    E-mail: sqltnsp AT microsoft.com (Please replace the AT with @, and remove additional spaces).

Thanks,
    Bin Long

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Monday, August 01, 2011 7:07 AM
  • Hi,

as I am doing some ssrs assignments I have created clock by using one walkthrough.when I am trying to execute report i am getting this error  "an error has occurred during data evalution of gauge panel " These are the steps i have followed...

Step-1:- Create a datasource.  Here, we do not require any value from database, but we need to create one for report to run. We can use either SQL database or XML file or any other source.  XML would be more suitable as, no need to put load on SQL, but to simplify things for post I have used SQL.

Step-2:- Create Dataset. Just add following query as dataset.
    SELECT 1 AS ID

Add below mentioned calculated fields, by opening DataSet Property-> Fields
    - Hour :- IIF(Hour(now()) < 13,  Hour(now()), Hour(now()) - 12)
    - Minute :-  Minute(now())
    - Second:-  Second(now())

Step-3:- Set AutoRefresh property in report and set this to 3. This property is available under Other grouping in Report property page.  This will refresh the Report in HTML rendering after every three seconds.

Step-4:- Insert a simple Radial gauge to report body and set following properties.

1. Add two more pointers for Minute and Second.
    2. Set width of these pointers. Set max width to default pointer (this is for displaying Hour), set some lesser width to Minute pointer and set lowest width for Second pointer.  To make more UX friendly, we can set border to these pointers, different colors and DistanceFromScale property.
    3. Delete a Radial Range, as we do not need this in clock.
    4. Select radial scale and set following properties
      a) MaximumValue-> 12
      b) MinimumValue->0 
      c) StartAngle -> 180
      d) SweepAngle-> 360
    5. Set formula for radial pointers.
      a) RadialPointer1(Hour):- Sum(Fields!Hour.Value) + (Fields!Minute.Value/60)
      b) RadialPointer2(Minute):- Sum(Fields!Minute.Value)/5
      c) RadialPointer3(Second):- =Sum(Fields!Second.Value)/5
    6. Set RotateLabel s to false in radial scale properties.

Step-5:- Preview Report

Thanks in Advance...

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 11:30 AM