none
How to retrive the image into Image contol based on Parameter(Admission Number) ?

Question

• Hi All,

I Need to get the Images in Report Builder Image control. Please anybody help for this query.

1. I have 2 data sets, in 1st data set i have "Admission Number " Column

in 2nd data set(form picture library) i have "Admission Number" , "Name(Image))" columns.

2. Now i want to get the image in image control based on his particular Admission Number.

Ex:    In Report Builder Selected Image Source type as "Embedded". My Parameter is Admision Number.

My Requirement:

If i enter Admission Number as 1001 and click on ViewReport, I have to get 1001 student image only into Image Control.

Query 1: IIf Parameter =1001 (Fields.AdmissionNumber.Value, "DataSet2") then LookUp(Fields.AdmissionNumber.Value, Fields.AdmissionNumber.Value, Name, "DataSet2")

=IIf(Parameters!Student_ID.Value = Fields!Admission_Number.Value, Lookup(Fields!Admission_Number.Value, Fields!Admission_Number.Value, Fields!Name__for_use_in_forms_.Value, "Stu_Images"), false)

I need like this. Please any body help for this complete query ? with above 2 querys i am getting errors.

Thanks & Regards

Ali.

MD.Liakath ali
    Monday, February 28, 2011 11:27 AM

Answers

All replies

• Does the link below solve your problem?

http://road-blogs.blogspot.com/2010/04/ssrs-reports-using-database-images.html

Cheers,
    Jason
    P.S. : Please click the 'Mark as Answer' button if a post solves your problem! :)

Some Random Thoughts

• Marked as answer by Liakath Monday, February 28, 2011 12:33 PM
    Monday, February 28, 2011 12:03 PM
  • Thank You Jason,

Its working for getting the data with images of all students in Table. But If i want to filter the data of particular student ?

My report server is configured in SharePoint Integrated Mode -SharePoint 2010, so i an retriving the data from SharePoint Lists.

In Report Builder 3.0 Selected Image Source type as "DataBase" Image Properties wizard

In Field : =IIf(Parameters!Student_ID.Value=Fields!Admission_Number.Value, "Stu_Images" ) Then Admisson Numbers Image should be visible into Image Control

In above query i have to Compare the Admission Number with Parameter if they are both same then that Common Admission Number Image only visible in image contol. In Data Set 2 i have Admission Number Column and Name__for_use_in_forms columns.

Can you explain me with query

Thanks & Regards

Ali

MD.Liakath ali
    Monday, February 28, 2011 12:45 PM
  • The blog link I have sent is for using images from the database. Can you paste the query of both your datasets here? And also, is your parameter single select or multi select?
    Cheers,
    Jason
    P.S. : Please click the 'Mark as Answer' button if a post solves your problem! :)

Some Random Thoughts

Monday, February 28, 2011 2:22 PM