none
Upgrade to SQL Server 2005 SP4 (KB2463332)

Question

• Running Win 7 Ultimate and in the process of installing upgrades I keep getting a the SQL Server 2005 SP4 (KB246332) upgrade failure with the following Error Code D56.  It also says that if this upgrade is not installed my HOTMAIL will quit running.  So my alternate email address is lsaenz5@comcast.net  I also tried installing the SQL server upgrade I downloaded from the similar questions and it also failed.  I turned off my AV software (ESET) during the attempt.
    Wednesday, May 18, 2011 12:18 PM

Answers

• Please post data from the log files as per Jing Jin.

In the meantime, which edition of SQL Server are you running? Have you tried applying the service pack separately? You can download it from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=b953e84f-9307-405e-bceb-47bd345baece. If you're running the Express edition, there's a link from that site to get to SP4 for Express edition.

As far as the "hotmail will quit running" issue is concerned, there's nothing in SQL Server that touches hotmail. Something doesn't add up there. We don't even generate error messages like that. Posting data from the log will be helpful. Also, don't forget to look into the Windows event log for unusual entries.

No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness. - Aristotle
    • Proposed as answer by Peja Tao Friday, May 20, 2011 6:13 AM
    • Marked as answer by Peja Tao Wednesday, May 25, 2011 7:36 AM
    Friday, May 20, 2011 2:46 AM

All replies

• Can you please post the entire error you got?
    Wednesday, May 18, 2011 12:59 PM
  • Log can be found in %program files%\Microsoft sql server\90\setup bootstrap\log\

please check the error in summary.txt and detail.txt

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Thursday, May 19, 2011 6:21 AM
  • Please post data from the log files as per Jing Jin.

In the meantime, which edition of SQL Server are you running? Have you tried applying the service pack separately? You can download it from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=b953e84f-9307-405e-bceb-47bd345baece. If you're running the Express edition, there's a link from that site to get to SP4 for Express edition.

As far as the "hotmail will quit running" issue is concerned, there's nothing in SQL Server that touches hotmail. Something doesn't add up there. We don't even generate error messages like that. Posting data from the log will be helpful. Also, don't forget to look into the Windows event log for unusual entries.

No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness. - Aristotle
    • Proposed as answer by Peja Tao Friday, May 20, 2011 6:13 AM
    • Marked as answer by Peja Tao Wednesday, May 25, 2011 7:36 AM
    Friday, May 20, 2011 2:46 AM