none
Reporting Services receiving error code 1603 during install

Question

•  

I have tried several times to install Reporting Services 2000. I get 75% done and then receive the following:

Setup Error
    An error has occured during setup. An error has occured while performing the following setup action. Please select help for more information about this error. You may be able to skip this action by selecting ignore, or retry the action by selecting retry. Selecting cancel will end the installation of SQL Server.

Configuring Microsoft SQL Server

Error Code: 1603

I have followed the resolution and continue to receive the above error. The server is running Windows 2003 standard edition, IIS 6 is installed and working, MDAC 2.8x installed, MS SQL 2000 and service pack 4 installed and working.The domain controller is SBS 2003 SR2.

Any help or direction would be appreciated
    Thursday, April 10, 2008 4:04 PM

All replies

• Thursday, April 10, 2008 4:13 PM
  •  

I have tried several times to install Reporting Services 2000. I get 75% done and then receive the following:

Setup Error
    An error has occured during setup. An error has occured while performing the following setup action. Please select help for more information about this error. You may be able to skip this action by selecting ignore, or retry the action by selecting retry. Selecting cancel will end the installation of SQL Server.

Configuring Microsoft SQL Server

Error Code: 1603

I have followed the resolution and continue to receive the above error. The server is running Windows 2003 standard edition, IIS 6 is installed and working, MDAC 2.8x installed, MS SQL 2000 and service pack 4 installed and working.The domain controller is SBS 2003 SR2.

Any help or direction would be appreciated
    Friday, April 11, 2008 3:33 PM
  • What is your OS language ?

What is your SQL 2000 CD language ?

Friday, April 11, 2008 3:38 PM
  • OS language=English

your SQL 2000 CD language =English
    Friday, April 11, 2008 4:01 PM
  • Just run into this issue when rebuilding a old server.  The issue that I had was related to the default path for the log files was incorrect on the SQL Server. 

Solution:

Create the ReportServer and ReportServerTempDB manually and click retry.

Try and see if you can actually create the databases manually you will probaly get an error fix this up and it should work fine.

Cheers,

J

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 6:41 AM