none
sql installion help error 67

Question

• Hello

I am trying to setup a 2 node cluster active/passive.  I have Server 2003 Enterprise with SQL 2005.  I have setup up the cluster and everything fails over and back fine.  I set up the MS DTC to cluster as well.  I try to install sql on the first node.  I am logged in as the domain administrator and not logged onto to node 2.  I am fine up until the point where SQL installs.  When it gets to the SQL Server Database Services, it fails.  When I go into my logs, it gives me an error of 67, network name not found.  What does this mean?  Does it mean the virutual name for the server, or the name of the network (domain name)?  Is there a way to correct this.  I am using a SAN to store my data.  I have created LUNs on my machines.  I read a post where someone said to try and install the program on a shared drive, but SQL will not let me do that. 

In the logs, the filename sqlchaining\highlyavailablepackage.cpp threw an exception with the error code of 67.  after that, the rest fails.  I am really stuck here and would really appreciate any help someone can give. 

Greg

Monday, October 09, 2006 3:37 PM

Answers

• Hello

I just got off the phone with microsoft.  They helped me figure it out and I wanted to let everyone know what the problem was so that in the future, someone may find this useful.  I was getting an error 67 network name cannot be found.  The problem turned out to be something so small that I completly looked over it.  When I set up the cluster, I renamed the network adapters to public and private.  When I did that, I accidently put a space after the word public.  Because of this, the installation was not able to talk to the DNS server and verify any names.  I hope that this helps some people out. 

Greg

Wednesday, October 11, 2006 1:07 AM

All replies

• Have you checked your operating system? SQL Server 2005 on clusters needs Server 2003 Enterprise SP1, W2K Advanced Server SP4 or Windows Longhorn Server. Please check the BOL for details.
    Monday, October 09, 2006 4:09 PM
  • Hello

I do have SP1 installed.  The operating system came with it built in. 

Tuesday, October 10, 2006 11:13 AM
  • Hello

I just got off the phone with microsoft.  They helped me figure it out and I wanted to let everyone know what the problem was so that in the future, someone may find this useful.  I was getting an error 67 network name cannot be found.  The problem turned out to be something so small that I completly looked over it.  When I set up the cluster, I renamed the network adapters to public and private.  When I did that, I accidently put a space after the word public.  Because of this, the installation was not able to talk to the DNS server and verify any names.  I hope that this helps some people out. 

Greg

Wednesday, October 11, 2006 1:07 AM
  • Thank you Greg for posting this solution. This helped us out because we had the same issue for the erro 67 and we couldn't figure out how to fix it. Funny enough there was also a space in the network adapter name!

Thursday, May 01, 2008 8:28 PM