none
Database mirroring connection errors

Question

• I'm currently using database mirroring as a hot-standby, without a witness.  Everything appears to be running fine, but I'm receiving intermittent errors that appear to state that my servers are loosing connectivity, thus disabling (inactivating) the mirror until the connection has been reestablished.

The errors are listed below, basically, I note a block of log entries for each mirrored database stating that mirroring is inactive for the database(s), next Error 1474, next the connection error, then another block of log entries for each mirrored database stating that the mirroring session is once again active.

Database mirroring is inactive for database 'NetRS'. This is an informational message only. No user action is required.

Error: 1474, Severity: 16, State: 1.

Database mirroring connection error 4 '64(The specified network name is no longer available.)' for 'TCP://SQL01NRS:7024'.

Database mirroring is active with database 'Telephony' as the principal copy. This is an informational message only. No user action is required.

I have confirmed that the sessions are in sync, so am not concerned about the data - but would love to get rid of these errors / disable / enable.  I'm assumming that if I had setup a Witness, that I would see the mirrored database flip-flopping back and forth between Principal and Mirror.

Please let me know if I can provide any additional details to assist ...

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 2:23 AM

All replies

• Hi,

What build (service pack) of SQL Server you are runnng.

Check the following link if any of this applies to your situation.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/912422

Jag

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 9:19 PM
  • Edition and Build Information on server acting as Principal

Enterprise Edition 9.00.2047.00

Edition and Build Information on server acting as Mirror

Enterprise Edition 9.00.2047.00

Wednesday, April 25, 2007 12:55 AM
  • Jag: 

Thanks for your inquiry and feedback.  I looked over the article that you referenced, and appears that this might be applicable.  We are running a Synchronous mirroring session without a Witness.  Unfortunately, we are running SP1, and this issue appears to have been resolved with SP1.  Any ideas?

Wednesday, April 25, 2007 1:14 AM
  • Hi,

If there are no other errors in SQL server error log, then its possible that the problem is likely to be the windows server or the network.

Error 64 is a windows error.

Check the following:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888319/en-us

regards

Jag

Wednesday, April 25, 2007 4:34 PM
  •  

Just to follow up on this thread, we were able to resolve the issue by breaking the "teamed" NIC cards, and then adding it back.

Wednesday, December 12, 2007 9:52 PM