none
Troubleshooting service bropker error

Question

• Hello! I'm using MSSQL 2008 R2 and use service broker on my database and there was alright some time ago. Sudenly, i have started looking several errors in the log:

Error: 9655, Severity: 20, State: 3

2011-08-26 15:49:49.57 spid29s     Error: 9736, Severity: 16, State: 0.
    2011-08-26 15:49:49.57 spid29s     An error occurred in dialog transmission: Error: 9655, State: 3. 

An error occurred in dialog transmission: Error: 9655, State: 3. 

And all that i can get from it is database name. I have checked this Db by checkdb and there are alright. I even can not get queue name that cause errors and i don't see error in my programs. Please, help me find soulution.  Thank you very much!

Best regards.

Friday, August 26, 2011 12:23 PM

All replies

• Hi Konstantin Knyazev,

The description for error 9655 is “The transmission queue table structure in database is inconsistent. Possible database corruption”. I found another thread with the same error, you may refer to it:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqlservicebroker/thread/000b4122-4b9f-4137-a501-80f2595c5b30

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by KJian_ Monday, September 05, 2011 8:03 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Konstantin Knyazev Monday, September 05, 2011 8:51 AM
    Monday, August 29, 2011 7:19 AM
  • Unforunatly, i still can't resolve my issue. I don't understand what is a reason of error. All queues is empty, transmission queue is empty. Can some one help me to find error source?

Konstantin Knyazev

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 8:55 AM
  • Hi,

Please try running the ssbdiagnose utility on this service broker application - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb934450.aspx . This utility comes sql server 2008 r2 and you can use it to troubleshoot service broker in earlier sql server version, going back to 2005.

you need to run it in the "configuration reports" mode, by passing in information like "FROM SERVICE NAME", "TO SERVICE NAME" AND "ON CONTRACT NAME", in addition to the server and database name. Please see the link for usage syntax.

The output of configuration reporting will give you useful information for identifying the problem. Please do post the output after running ssbdiagnose, and we can offer furthur help. At this time, there is very limited information in your post to troubleshoot.

Hope this helps !

Sanil Mhatre | Database Developer | MCTS | If you find my reply useful in any way, please vote it as helpful. If it has helped answer your question, please mark it as Answer. www.sqlwithsanil.com

• Proposed as answer by Sanil Mhatre Friday, April 27, 2012 3:07 PM
    Wednesday, April 25, 2012 9:17 PM