none
SSRS Tablix

    Question

  • I was updating an existing RDL file by adding two more rows in a tablix and set there visibility same as the existing rows.

    Now I have finish adding the two rows in the tablix in Designer View and have problems on set its visibility in XML.

    I added two <TablixMember> just similar to the existing code:

    <TablixMember>
         <Visibility>
             <Hidden>=...

             </Hidden>
         </Visibility>
    </TablixMember>

    When I preview it, it shows that:

    The tablix has an incorrect number of TablixRows. The number of TablixRows must equal the number of innermost TablixMembers in the TableRowHierarchy

    Can anybody helps me figure it out? Thanks!

    Sosa

    Monday, October 21, 2013 4:23 PM

Answers

  • Hi Sosa,

    Based on the error message, the issue may be caused by the number of TablixRows doesn’t equal to the number of innermost TablixMembers in the TableRowHierarchy. In Reporting Services, by default, it will change the corresponding code automatically in XML file after you have some appropriate actions in View Designer.

    After testing it in my own environment, I can reproduce this issue after I add the <TablixMember> manually to the existing code. So in your scenario, I guess that the number of innermost TablixMembers is more than the number of TablixRows. In order to fix this issue, I suggest that you can try to remove the <TablixMember> which you have added to the XML file.

    If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask.

    Thanks,
    Katherine Xiong


    We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time.
    Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

    • Marked as answer by Sosa727 Wednesday, October 23, 2013 3:26 PM
    Tuesday, October 22, 2013 5:47 AM
  • Thank you for your relpy, Katherine!

    I have figured out the cause, which is exactly as you suggested!

    When I added the tabliblix in the Designer view, there is a <TablixMember/> created in the XML.

    What I should do is to replace this with my new codes, instead of adding the new codes directly, which causes the Tablix Member exceed the numbers in Row Hierarchy.

    Thanks again for your help!!!

    Sosa

    • Proposed as answer by Shahfaisal Muhammed Wednesday, October 23, 2013 5:54 PM
    • Marked as answer by Sosa727 Friday, October 25, 2013 4:33 PM
    Wednesday, October 23, 2013 3:32 PM

All replies