none
DTSX And visual Studio 6

Question

• How I Can Execute Packages (DTSX) in Visual studio 6. Please help me, I need these information rigth away. Maybe Stop Procedures or every way

Please attach the code
    Thanks

Como puede ejecutar paquetes (DTSX) en visual 6. Por favor ayudenme, Necesito esa información lo antes posible. Puede ser a trvés de procedimientos almacenados

Por favor incluya el código

Gracias
    Thursday, March 04, 2010 8:25 PM

Answers

All replies

• Thanks for all,  but can You explain Me more with an example the how call one package from visual 6 (SP5)

I don´t know  the libraries that I need. Please help me with an complete example about it. Please remember that is a VISUAL BASIC 6.0 (SP5)

I find this example but Don´t run it. In visual 6.0 ¿Do I need something else?

Imports Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime

Module Module1

Sub Main()

Dim pkgLocation As String

Dim pkg As New Package

Dim app As New Application

Dim pkgResults As DTSExecResult

pkgLocation = _

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Samples\Integration Services" & _

"\Package Samples\CalculatedColumns Sample\CalculatedColumns\CalculatedColumns.dtsx"

pkg = app.LoadPackage(pkgLocation, Nothing)

pkgResults = pkg.Execute()

Console.WriteLine(pkgResults.ToString())

Console.ReadKey()

End Sub

End Module

Friday, March 05, 2010 1:59 PM
  • You can't run that snippet in VB6 because it's using VB.Net assemblies.  Personally, I don't know how to get VB6 to use a VB.Net assembly - perhaps you could ask in the VB forums.

However, you could use the stored procedure method, or simply shell out to the OS and run DTEXEC with the appropriate arguments.
    Todd McDermid's Blog
    Friday, March 05, 2010 3:33 PM
  • Hi,

Based on my research, please try to use DTEXEC in VB application to exectue SSIS package.

For example:

Shell("dtexec /f c:\mypackage.dtsx", vbNormalFocus)

DTEXEC Utility:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms162810.aspx

Please feel free to let me know if I’ve misunderstood anything.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Wednesday, March 10, 2010 1:49 AM