none
problem in connecting database from sql server 2008 R2 using visual studio express 2010

Question

• i have visual studio express 2010 installed in my PC and i have also installed sql server 2008 r2 but i'm unable to connect database from sql server 2008 r2 using data source as microsoft sql server compact 4.0.kindly help me.Also,i can't use the same sql server in VS 2008 it is saying some sql related instance is missing. 
    Sunday, January 20, 2013 4:58 PM

Answers

• Hi Rakesh,

FIrst make sure your SQl server is running and able to connect.

open SSMS and try to connect to it. you have to use the Autharisation details set up while installing the sql server.

IF you can not connect from run type "sqlservermanager10.msc" this will open up your sql configuration manager.

And make sure your sql service is running.

if you can connect from SSMS i am 100% sure you can connect form your visual studio express 2010.

If you still have problem after connect to SSMS, from that point onwards i am sure this is not right forum.

You get more help form .net forums. It may be some thing to do with your connection string and drivers..

thanks

kumar

Sunday, January 20, 2013 10:43 PM

All replies

• Hi Rakesh,

FIrst make sure your SQl server is running and able to connect.

open SSMS and try to connect to it. you have to use the Autharisation details set up while installing the sql server.

IF you can not connect from run type "sqlservermanager10.msc" this will open up your sql configuration manager.

And make sure your sql service is running.

if you can connect from SSMS i am 100% sure you can connect form your visual studio express 2010.

If you still have problem after connect to SSMS, from that point onwards i am sure this is not right forum.

You get more help form .net forums. It may be some thing to do with your connection string and drivers..

thanks

kumar

Sunday, January 20, 2013 10:43 PM
  • Would you please share screen shots and error message you are getting ?

FAQ
    ----
    Regards,
    Ahmed Ibrahim
    SQL Server Setup Team
    My Blog
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" and "Vote as Helpful" on posts that help you.
    This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    View Ahmed Ibrahim's profile on LinkedIn

Monday, January 21, 2013 5:13 AM