none
SSIS Error Code DTS_E_THREADFAILED and DTS_E_PRIMEOUTPUTFAILED.

Question

• Hi

I have a SSIS package which extracts data from a progress database (Version 10) and writes to a SQL table. I use a data reader to extract the progress data from the source however I have a problem.

When I try to extract one extra field (a text field of 2000 characters) into my SSIS routines I get the following error message. I have supressed this before on other routines using the fetch array size on the odbc connection however I cant resolve the problem with this field.

I know progress is a tricky data source however does anyone have any thoughts on whether this is a limitation on the odbc drivers or something which I can handle in SSIS i.e. reduce the input of rows, tweak buffer size? If so does anyone have any suggestions on settings to try - currently they are the default.

The Error Message :-

"SSIS Error Code DTS_E_THREADFAILED.  Thread "WorkThread4" has exited with error code 0xC0047039.  There may be error messages posted before this with more information on why the thread has exited. 

SSIS Error Code DTS_E_THREADFAILED.  Thread "WorkThread3" has exited with error code 0xC0047039.  There may be error messages posted before this with more information on why the thread has exited. 

SSIS Error Code DTS_E_THREADFAILED.  Thread "WorkThread0" has exited with error code 0xC0047039.  There may be error messages posted before this with more information on why the thread has exited. 

SSIS Error Code DTS_E_THREADFAILED.  Thread "WorkThread2" has exited with error code 0xC0047039.  There may be error messages posted before this with more information on why the thread has exited. 

SSIS Error Code DTS_E_THREADCANCELLED.  Thread "WorkThread0" received a shutdown signal and is terminating. The user requested a shutdown, or an error in another thread is causing the pipeline to shutdown.  There may be error messages posted before this with more information on why the thread was cancelled. 

SSIS Error Code DTS_E_THREADCANCELLED.  Thread "WorkThread3" received a shutdown signal and is terminating. The user requested a shutdown, or an error in another thread is causing the pipeline to shutdown.  There may be error messages posted before this with more information on why the thread was cancelled. 

SSIS Error Code DTS_E_THREADCANCELLED.  Thread "WorkThread4" received a shutdown signal and is terminating. The user requested a shutdown, or an error in another thread is causing the pipeline to shutdown.  There may be error messages posted before this with more information on why the thread was cancelled. 

SSIS Error Code DTS_E_THREADCANCELLED.  Thread "WorkThread2" received a shutdown signal and is terminating. The user requested a shutdown, or an error in another thread is causing the pipeline to shutdown.  There may be error messages posted before this with more information on why the thread was cancelled. 

SSIS Error Code DTS_E_THREADFAILED.  Thread "SourceThread0" has exited with error code 0xC0047038.  There may be error messages posted before this with more information on why the thread has exited. 

SSIS Error Code DTS_E_PRIMEOUTPUTFAILED.  The PrimeOutput method on component "RM Job" (1) returned error code 0xC02090F5.  The component returned a failure code when the pipeline engine called PrimeOutput(). The meaning of the failure code is defined by the component, but the error is fatal and the pipeline stopped executing.  There may be error messages posted before this with more information about the failure. 
    The component "RM Job" (1) was unable to process the data. 

"

Thanks

Dan.

Wednesday, May 21, 2008 3:59 PM

Answers

All replies

•  

Check whether you source and destination field datatypes are same.

Check whether you destination field size was set to VARCHAR(MAX)

Thursday, May 22, 2008 8:22 AM
  • Thanks for your reply - the source and target are the same type of fields and there are no varchar(max) fields. The maximum field size is 2000 characters in the progress database and this is all that comes through as there is a mapping layer between the source and target systems (to handle any data change at the source).

I have a feeling this maybe related to the buffer size on the progress db and maybe not anything to do with SSIS?

Tuesday, May 27, 2008 3:29 PM
  • I am also facing the same issue. Can you please provide your inputs on this?

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 2:51 PM
  •  

See this other thread as we were having similar problems

http://forums.microsoft.com/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3650207&SiteID=1&mode=1

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 2:58 PM
  • What was the solution?   The link has gone 404.

-Tab Alleman

Monday, April 01, 2013 7:13 PM