none
Report works fine stand alone, but fails when used as subreport

    Question

  • I have a report which I have tested and works fine.  now I'm trying to use it as a subreport.  the "outer" or main report is very simple: it just has a company standard banner and some header/footer information, and then a single subreport.  there is no passing of parameters between main report and sub report.  the subreport does have its own parameter to govern its dataset, and provides its own default for that. 

     

    The error that I'm getting is this:

     

    [rsErrorExecutingSubreport] An error occurred while executing the subreport ‘subreport1’: An error has occurred during report processing.

    [rsMissingFieldInDataSet] The data set ‘WarrantMasterCube’ contains a definition for the Field ‘Year’. This field is missing from the returned result set from the data source.

    [rsErrorReadingDataSetField] The data set ‘WarrantMasterCube’ contains a definition for the Field ‘Year’. The data extension returned an error during reading the field.

    [rsMissingFieldInDataSet] The data set ‘WarrantMasterCube’ contains a definition for the Field ‘Month’. This field is missing from the returned result set from the data source.

    [rsErrorReadingDataSetField] The data set ‘WarrantMasterCube’ contains a definition for the Field ‘Month’. The data extension returned an error during reading the field.

    [rsMissingFieldInDataSet] The data set ‘WarrantMasterCube’ contains a definition for the Field ‘Date’. This field is missing from the returned result set from the data source.

    [rsErrorReadingDataSetField] The data set ‘WarrantMasterCube’ contains a definition for the Field ‘Date’. The data extension returned an error during reading the field.

    [rsMissingFieldInDataSet] The data set ‘WarrantMasterCube’ contains a definition for the Field ‘Wt_TO_MTD’. This field is missing from the returned result set from the data source.

    [rsErrorReadingDataSetField] The data set ‘WarrantMasterCube’ contains a definition for the Field ‘Wt_TO_MTD’. The data extension returned an error during reading the field.

    [rsNone] An error has occurred during report processing.

     

     

    Of course, this doesn't happen when I execute the subreport by itself.  What kinds of things should I be looking at to get to the bottom of this.  Thanks!
    Monday, June 04, 2007 4:33 AM

Answers

  • As noted above, the report being used as a subreport does have its own default parameter.

     

    The error actually went away without me changing anything in my reports. What I did was leave teh subreport open in preview mode, tehn preview the main report.  this seemed to fix the "fields not found" error.

     

    I then edited the parameters property of the subreport object embedded in the main report, so that the user chosen parameter value in the outer report passes through to the subreport, and it all works fine. 

     

    Basically there must be some flakiness in some internal component that was causing the error.

    Monday, June 04, 2007 5:45 AM

All replies

  • Try by giving default value for your subreport.

     

    Thanks

    Raj Deep.A

    Monday, June 04, 2007 5:17 AM
  • As noted above, the report being used as a subreport does have its own default parameter.

     

    The error actually went away without me changing anything in my reports. What I did was leave teh subreport open in preview mode, tehn preview the main report.  this seemed to fix the "fields not found" error.

     

    I then edited the parameters property of the subreport object embedded in the main report, so that the user chosen parameter value in the outer report passes through to the subreport, and it all works fine. 

     

    Basically there must be some flakiness in some internal component that was causing the error.

    Monday, June 04, 2007 5:45 AM