none
shell manager corrupt or missing

Question

• can any body help me with this? i know  nothing about a pc except how to use them. the error message appears while trying to install a program?
    Thursday, October 26, 2006 2:34 PM

All replies

• what program?

is this sql server?

what's the error message?

Thursday, October 26, 2006 2:41 PM
  • would not know sql server is??

the program is nero.

eroor message reads- shell manager corrupt or missing..

Thursday, October 26, 2006 8:29 PM
  • i have the same problem with nero  and i am running windows xp home edition.  everything should be working since i just went through the painfull and exhausting harddrive recovery (the one that puts it back to factory settings)   i had just installed two new drives and crashed irretrievably.  each of the drives came with a nero disc. one was a sony , the other an hp  since i have a pavilion 764c. 

i think the nero guys are amatuers and somewhat greedy.  the free version nero 7  doesn't work.  so i downloaded an update and got that message about three quarters through the installation. 

i also tried the trial version called nero 8.  first it insisted on uninstalling the version 7...  o.k.  but then at about three quarters through the installation of nero 8  i got the message. "shell manager database is corrupt ofr missing. 

another thing that seems lame is that the name of my hardware for tv input hauppage pops up as a devise to capture to.

but when i tried the configuration....  there was an error message.  so all in all nero simply sucks.  when i told them about it they said they don't have time to configure the program for every piece of hardware out there.  they did however give a list of all the other hauppage wintv hardware nero does support.   so i'm supposed to go out and buy another gizmo?

i give up on them.  as long as the drives work i will find other ways.

sorry this is no help.  but i will follow this thread until someone who knows something answers the question.

Wednesday, July 09, 2008 11:37 PM