none
HOW TO SHOW MULTIPLE LEVELS IN ONE CHART

Question

• I HAVE 3 LEVELS LIKE

CATEGORY----->SUBCATEGORY-----> PRODUCT

MY REQUIREMENT IS  WHEN I CLICK ON CATEGORY IWANT WHT ARE THE SUBCATEGORIES UNDER THAT CATEGORY AND WHEN I CLICK ON SUBCATEGORY I WANT WHT ARE THE PRODUCTS UNDER THE SUBCATEGORY

IS THERE ANY CHANCE TO GET IT IN ONE REPORTCHART  ITSELF

I WANT IT IN BARCHART

• Edited by maheshbabuk Thursday, March 21, 2013 9:58 AM
    Thursday, March 21, 2013 9:55 AM

Answers

• Hi Maheshbabuk,

In your scenario, we can use the action property of the chart to drill-through to the same report and value that we click on the report using the parameters. I have tested it on my local environment, the steps below are for your reference.

1. Create three charts to display Category, Subcategory and Product.
    2. Create two parameters Category and Subcategory and set the available values and default values from the query.
    3. In the Series Properties of the first chart, go to Action tab and select Go to report option and select the same report in the drop-down list. Then click Add button to add a parameter to run the report like below.
      Name             Value
      Category        [Category]
    4. In the Series Properties of the second chart, go to Action tab and select Go to report option and select the same report in the drop-down list. Then click Add button to add parameters to run the report like below.
      Name             Value
      Subcategory   [Subcategory]
    5. In the Chart Properties of the second chart, go to Filters tab and click Add button to add a filter to run the report like below.
      Expression      [Category]
      Operator         In
      Value             [@Category]
    6. In the Chart Properties of the third chart, go to Filters tab and click Add button to add filters to run the report like below.
      Expression      [Category]
      Operator         In
      Expression      [Subcategory]
      Operator         In
      Value              [@Subcategory]

The report looks like below.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.
    Regards,

Charlie Liao
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, March 25, 2013 3:32 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I know about drill down charts for tablix (Sure even you must be knowing it). For charts, I think you may try to have subreport for the drill down and enable it on click of the category, show that subreport and then toggle it. I have not tried it myself but wague thought. Refer to these link and link if they help.

Regards,

Phaneendra Note: Please vote/mark the post as answered if it answers your question/helps to solve your problem.

Thursday, March 21, 2013 10:03 AM
  • While you can specify dynamic categories for one chart however, you are only limited to opening another report, going to a URL or a bookmark when clicking (drilldown) a barchart. This means you will not be able to achieve the drilldown effect you have described. So your best option is to create sub charts to display on another report/window.

Please mark as answered or vote helpful if this post help resolved your issue. Thanks!

k r o o t z

Thursday, March 21, 2013 11:25 AM
  • Thanks for your suggition ,

but as per my client requirement they don't want any sub reports and drilthrough reports they just want all the products in a single report

Thursday, March 21, 2013 4:17 PM
  • I think you are not being clear in your question as opposed to the title of your post.

Weren't you asking for a drilldown/multiple level barcharts?? When you said when you click, you want a subset of the data? Or were you only asking about  pulldown selections? having 3 cascading parameters to select from before running the report????

Please mark as answered or vote helpful if this post help resolved your issue. Thanks!

k r o o t z

Thursday, March 21, 2013 4:22 PM
  • Hi Maheshbabuk,

In your scenario, we can use the action property of the chart to drill-through to the same report and value that we click on the report using the parameters. I have tested it on my local environment, the steps below are for your reference.

1. Create three charts to display Category, Subcategory and Product.
    2. Create two parameters Category and Subcategory and set the available values and default values from the query.
    3. In the Series Properties of the first chart, go to Action tab and select Go to report option and select the same report in the drop-down list. Then click Add button to add a parameter to run the report like below.
      Name             Value
    4. In the Series Properties of the second chart, go to Action tab and select Go to report option and select the same report in the drop-down list. Then click Add button to add parameters to run the report like below.
      Name             Value
      Subcategory   [Subcategory]
    5. In the Chart Properties of the second chart, go to Filters tab and click Add button to add a filter to run the report like below.
      Expression      [Category]
      Operator         In
    6. In the Chart Properties of the third chart, go to Filters tab and click Add button to add filters to run the report like below.
      Expression      [Category]
      Operator         In
      Expression      [Subcategory]
      Operator         In
      Value              [@Subcategory]

The report looks like below.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.
    Regards,

Charlie Liao

Monday, March 25, 2013 3:32 AM
  • how  many datasets have to create?
    Monday, March 25, 2013 4:10 AM
  • Hi Maheshbabuk,

To create this report, we just need one dataset.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Monday, March 25, 2013 4:21 AM
  •   

Hi Chalie lion

thanks for your reply

when  I add filter it shows No data is Avilable

and one more thing how to hide

remianig charts. i want to disply one chart only

Monday, March 25, 2013 4:38 AM
  • Hi Maheshbabuk,

Sorry for delay.

The filters on your charts seems not correctly. Please check it refer to the steps. And then you want to dispaly all this in one chart, so how do you back the catefory chart when the chart dispaly subcategory or product chart, so I am afraid you have to dispaly them in three chart.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Friday, March 29, 2013 1:49 AM