none
SSDT Comparison Object Definition problem while VS Fragments (Debugger Canvas) extension is enabled

Question

• Hi,

I’ve noticed that when using Schema Comparison tool, in Object Definitions windows I don’t see graphical representation of two schema differences (like two colored scrollbars next to each other). It should be located on very left in Object Definitions window. And color highlighting in both schema frames are missing also.

Today I’ve tracked down that this condition exist while “VS Fragments” extension is enabled (it’s needed by “Debugger Canvas” extension).

Does anyone have seen same or similar (in case something else depend on VS Fragments) situation?

BR,

Monday, January 23, 2012 9:23 PM

Answers

All replies

• I am using Debug Canvas and VS Fragments version 1.0.30603 and I am not seeing the behavior you are describing.
    -GertD @ www.sqlproj.com
    • Marked as answer by Lauri Saar Tuesday, January 24, 2012 12:58 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Lauri Saar Tuesday, January 24, 2012 8:39 PM
    Tuesday, January 24, 2012 1:45 AM
  • Thanks for confirming that they will work together and I managed to get them work as well.

The only thing I didn’t try was reinstallation to Debugger Canvas and its companion first place.

I had false confidence because I tried disabling various extensions on two different machines, reset settings and so on J. Both machines have almost same set of extension installed and also settings and they behaved same way.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 12:58 PM
  • Back in square one, unfortunately L

First I reinstalled Dubugger Canvas and VS Fragments. Then I tested Comparison tool and after that (just in case) Debugger Canvas too – everything was OK (and reported here that I’m fine atlast). But now I started using Comparison tool and coloring features in Object definition window are missing again…

This time extension reinstallation isn’t helping. While problematic extensions are disabled or uninstalled coloring works OK. I even created fresh test environment on virtual machine, Installed VS 2010 Ult + SP1, SSDT, all current updates to Win7x64 SP1 and VS, no configuration to VS has been made. VS have only Debugger Canvas installed and guess what – behavior is exactly the sameL.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 8:34 PM
  • Wednesday, February 08, 2012 7:39 PM