none
Power Pivot database error: Table name not found in the current table collection

Question

• Hello,

I am attempting to a relatively simple task in Power Pivot.  Import a table from the AdventureWorks sample databases.  I receive the following error no matter which table I attempt to bring in:

PowerPivot database error:  Table name 'DimAccount' not found in the current table collections.

I am able to successfully connect to the database and validate that the connection works.  The environment is on my local system (Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 (SP1) Developer Edition and Office 2010 32-bit).  This error is also occuring against SSAS as well.  Also, SQL Browser Service is enabled.

Any information on how to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Alan

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 11:39 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Alan,

Can you confirm the version of PowerPivot you are using? Try reinstalling the PowerPivot addin and check.

Regards

Manoj

~Mark as Answer if found correct

Thursday, May 03, 2012 9:11 AM
  • Manoj,

Thank you for your reply.

Below is the versioning information:

• O/S - Windows 7 Professional  SP 1  (32-bit)
    • Machine has 4 gb of RAM
    • Excel 2010  version - 14.0.6112.5000 (32-bit)
    • PowerPivot  version - 10.50.1747.0 (32-bit)

I will do as you suggest (unistall PowerPivot/re-install) - I will provide an update once this is complete.

Regards,

-Alan

Alan Faulkner

Monday, May 07, 2012 8:52 PM
  • Hi Alan,

What's the process now? could you please give a feedback, it seems that this is relevant to the add-in, you can install the newer version of PowerPivot to have a try, which is available at this link http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=29074

Thanks,

Challen Fu

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, May 09, 2012 6:58 AM
  • Challen & Manoj,

Thank you for your responses.  These are the steps I have taken:

1)  I un-installed the Power Pivot Add-in

2)  I re-installed the Power Pivot Add-In (v.  10.51.2500.0) downloaded from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=7609.  Which this version is newer than the orginal (v. 10.50.1747.0) I had installed.

3)  Successfully imported selected tables from the AdventureWorksDW (total of 80,778 records).  Releatively small recordset, but was unable to get this far previously.

4)  I did monitor my memory usage to see if I was potentially running into some contention there, but it did not exceed more than 30% memory utilization.

5)  Per your post Challen, I am opting to un-install and install a more recent version located at the link that you provided.

Will post results once completed.

Thanks again for your input and the information sharing.

Regards,

-Alan

Alan Faulkner

Monday, May 14, 2012 6:02 PM
  • Hello Challen,

Downloaded and installed version from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=29074

was able to successfully import data without errors.  I do belive that there was something relevant to the add-in that was originally installed that caused the error.  However, as to specifically what, I was unable to determine.

I will mark your last post as the answer.

Thanks again.

-Alan

Alan Faulkner

Monday, May 14, 2012 6:23 PM