none
Convert 2012 Report to 2008

Question

• I know this is a wierd request.  But there are some reports written for 2012 that I would like to use on a 2008 server.  I think that I can use xslt to convert the 2012 reports to the 2008 format, or it might not be that difficult to just build the report by hand, but before I start this, I wanted to see if anyone has heard of a tool that will do this?

Russel Loski, MCT, MCSA SQL Server 2012, 2008, MCITP Business Intelligence Developer and Database Developer 2008 Twitter: @sqlmovers; blog: www.sqlmovers.com

Monday, February 04, 2013 1:57 PM

All replies

• Hi Russ,

Because of the backward compatibility of SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), we can run report that created in low version of SSRS in the higher version of SSRS. However, we cannot run the reports that created in high version in lower version of SSRS directly before we convert it. In your scenario, you are looking for a tool that can convert reports form high version to lower version automatically, I am afraid there is not such a tool in Reporting Services currently.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,
    Charlie Liao

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here.

Charlie Liao
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, February 05, 2013 1:50 AM
  • I can fully understand why Microsoft would not create such a tool.  And in fact, it is such a wierd scenario, I cannot imagine anyone creating such a tool.

I will leave this marked as not answered for one more day in case someone does have such a wierd product.

Russel Loski, MCT, MCSA SQL Server 2012, 2008, MCITP Business Intelligence Developer and Database Developer 2008 Twitter: @sqlmovers; blog: www.sqlmovers.com

Tuesday, February 05, 2013 2:05 AM