none
Matrix displayed standard over the whole page width

Question

• Hi,

Is there a solution to show a matrix standard over the whole page width of a report so that there are no white spaces on the right side of the matrix eventhough there is only one column with data?

Reason is that the user wants to see the whole matrix border lines in case if there are 1,2 up to max 5 columns.

Thx

Paul.

-Miracles are easy, the impossible takes a bit longer-

Thursday, March 28, 2013 12:04 PM

All replies

• Hi Paul,

By default, the page size is 8.5 x 11 inches but we can change this size by using the report properties. You want to the matrix display all the page, so you can increase the width of the matrix to the right edge of the page, and set the “ConsumeContainerWhiteSpace” property of the report to “True”. In this case, there are no white spaces on the right side of the matrix.
    Reference: Pagination in Reporting Services (Report Builder and SSRS)

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Regards,
    Charlie Liao

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here.  

Charlie Liao
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, March 29, 2013 2:41 AM
  • Hi Charlie,<o:p></o:p>

My report had this setting by default. My problem is as follows:<o:p></o:p>

When i have a matrix with data and the column data row has only one value it shows the matrix width to that column size. What the customer wants is to see the column size of that matrix over the whole page. If the column has more than one data elements then the matrix should show the number of columns but not going over the next page.<o:p></o:p>

This Picture is an example how it should be shown in the report, the matrix is always taking the whole page width despite the number of dynamic columns.<o:p></o:p>

Paul.

<o:p></o:p>

Tuesday, April 02, 2013 9:38 AM
  • Hi Charlie,

Do you have a suggestion for my problem?

Friday, April 19, 2013 9:59 AM