none
Report Export in CSV Format

Question

•  In a table  each textbox is named like TXT_UserName and an expression is used for text box value i.e label that is to be displayed in the report output.when the report is exported to csv format i should get only label name and its value. but i got two columns like TXT_UserName also Label name. Is there any solution to avaoid this?

Thanks in Advance,

HemaPriyankha
    Wednesday, December 07, 2011 5:30 AM

Answers

• Hi HemaPriyankha,

Thanks for your post.

As we know, when we edit a textbox in a table, we can right-click it, and select the Textbox Properties, and then in the General tab, we can specify its Name, Value and Tootip properties, I know, as a report parameter we can specify its Label Name, how can you specify the Label Name of the textbox in a table?

By default,if we leave the table cell textbox name without changing, when we export a report to a CVS format file, it would show table column header as column name and each cell’s value as detail; otherwise, it would show the textbox name of the detail cell as column name instead of the table column header value. As for a single textbox outside of the tablix, it would interpreted with a textbox name as header and value as detail.

Thanks,
    Bill Lu

Bill Lu

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, December 08, 2011 7:04 AM

All replies

• Hi HemaPriyankha,

Thanks for your post.

As we know, when we edit a textbox in a table, we can right-click it, and select the Textbox Properties, and then in the General tab, we can specify its Name, Value and Tootip properties, I know, as a report parameter we can specify its Label Name, how can you specify the Label Name of the textbox in a table?

By default,if we leave the table cell textbox name without changing, when we export a report to a CVS format file, it would show table column header as column name and each cell’s value as detail; otherwise, it would show the textbox name of the detail cell as column name instead of the table column header value. As for a single textbox outside of the tablix, it would interpreted with a textbox name as header and value as detail.

Thanks,
    Bill Lu

Bill Lu

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, December 08, 2011 7:04 AM
  • Hi HemaPriyankha,

There are two properties i.e. dataElementName & dataElementOutput of the textboxes plays a good role in CSV export. For your scenarios, set “NoOutput”  value for dataElementOutput property of the textbox.

Aftab Ansari
    • Proposed as answer by Sandip Shinde Thursday, December 08, 2011 8:49 AM
    Thursday, December 08, 2011 8:19 AM