none
Package variables "disappear" from job properties

Question

• Creating a SQL Agent job to run a package works just fine.  On the Step Properties, Set values tab, I can add variables and the values I want for them, no problem.  The job runs just fine.  If I want to go edit the values however, they're always gone. 

Is there some security setting that hides the variables and their values which is on by default?

Tuesday, December 19, 2006 3:51 AM

All replies

•  GregsListAcct wrote:

Creating a SQL Agent job to run a package works just fine.  On the Step Properties, Set values tab, I can add variables and the values I want for them, no problem.  The job runs just fine.  If I want to go edit the values however, they're always gone. 

Is there some security setting that hides the variables and their values which is on by default?

Greg,

I don't know the answer to this but regardless, you should stop using the SSIS sub-system and just call teh package usinng the command-line sub-system instead.

There is an article at wiki.sqlis.com that explains the rationale behind this but the site is down so i can't link to it. Basically you don't get any diagnostic info out of the SSIS sub-system.

-Jamie

Tuesday, December 19, 2006 4:08 PM