none
Warnings and error Messages.... SSRS 2008

Question

• I get about 12 messages like below with different Textbox78, textbox 86,textbox 90 so on... My report runs fine but i get these messages in the warning section.. ANy idea whats going on ?????????

Warning 6 [rsRuntimeErrorInExpression] The Value expression for the textrun ‘Textbox78.Paragraphs[0].TextRuns[0]’ contains an error: The query returned no rows for the dataset. The expression therefore evaluates to null. C:\Users\mohiuddinf\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\projects\RELEASE _INVENTORY\RELEASE _INVENTORY\RELEASE_INVENTORY_NOT_SHIPPED.rdl 0 0 

FM
    Thursday, January 27, 2011 5:47 PM

Answers

• Hi Farhan1,

Try to modify your expression to this =IIF(IsNothing(Fields!DataSetField.Value),"NULL",CStr(Fields!CONTACTNUMBER.Value) & " - " & CStr(Fields!COMPANYNAME.Value))

Challen Fu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Farhan1 Thursday, February 03, 2011 2:58 PM
    Thursday, February 03, 2011 3:13 AM

All replies

• Hi Farhan1,

This is expression issue which you have used in TextBox78, check whether you handling null values like
    =IIF(IsNothing(Fields!DataSetField.Value),"NULL",Fields!DataSetField.Value).

Post the expression to suggest better way.

Nanda
    Friday, January 28, 2011 5:43 AM
  • Hello Nanda,

Here`s the expression i am using.

=Fields!CONTACTNUMBER.Value +

" - " + Fields!COMPANYNAME.Value

FM
    Friday, January 28, 2011 2:20 PM
  • Hi Farhan1,

Try to modify your expression to this =IIF(IsNothing(Fields!DataSetField.Value),"NULL",CStr(Fields!CONTACTNUMBER.Value) & " - " & CStr(Fields!COMPANYNAME.Value))

Challen Fu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Farhan1 Thursday, February 03, 2011 2:58 PM
    Thursday, February 03, 2011 3:13 AM
  •   Hi Challen,

i have tried it but nothing solves my problem..this is an error.i delete the report and redo it again but i got the same error.i receive Textbox5 but when i click on that error it takes me to that report but i cant have any textbox5.

[rsRuntimeErrorInExpression] The Value expression for the textrun ‘Textbox5.Paragraphs[0].TextRuns[0]’ contains an error: The query returned no rows for the dataset. The expression therefore evaluates to null.  

my table in Design looks like this

when i run the report i got this

the cat doesn't display on my Table...where i got this error

thanks in advance

Vadz007

Monday, July 02, 2012 4:09 AM