none
Excel Export - Header on all sheets

Question

• Hi All,

I have created a report which when exported to excel renders in multiple sheets. But the problem is that the header information is only shown on Sheet 1 and for all the successive sheets it does not appear. How can I have the header information(Report name and Column heading show in all the sheets.

Appreciate any help on this.

Thanks,

Amit.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 4:24 PM

Answers

• Hi Gerry,

Thanks for your revert.

I had tried your suggestion but this did not help. The headers were being shown in all the pages of the report in the reportviewer but when I exported it to excel it shows up only in the first sheet.

However I have been able to get around this issue. I deleted the header row completely from my report. Then grouped the details row. Added a new row to the group and made it my header row. Then in the Edit group properties I selected 'Include group header' and 'Repeat group header'. This worked in my case as I need a page break at the end of the group to show each group in a seperate sheet when exported to excel.

Thanks again,

Amit.

Friday, November 28, 2008 10:10 AM

All replies

• Hi Amit,

You will need to use the RepeatOnNewPage property for the header you would like to appear on each worksheet:

1. Open up your report in Designer.

2. Select your tablix and in the window'ed area showing your Row/Column groups, click the dropdown and select "Advanced Mode"

3. Select your header entry under the appropriate Row/Column Group window which will be denoted as "(Static)".

4. In the property pane, Set RepeatOnNewPage to True.

Export to Excel now.

Hope this helps,

Gerry

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 10:35 PM
  • Hi Gerry,

Thanks for your revert.

I had tried your suggestion but this did not help. The headers were being shown in all the pages of the report in the reportviewer but when I exported it to excel it shows up only in the first sheet.

However I have been able to get around this issue. I deleted the header row completely from my report. Then grouped the details row. Added a new row to the group and made it my header row. Then in the Edit group properties I selected 'Include group header' and 'Repeat group header'. This worked in my case as I need a page break at the end of the group to show each group in a seperate sheet when exported to excel.

Thanks again,

Amit.

Friday, November 28, 2008 10:10 AM