none
Scheduled SSIS Package Error with "VS_NEEDSNEWMETADATA" status error from component "OLE DB Destination"

Question

• hi, i am new to SSIS and i met an error unable to start a scheduled job in SQL2005 server,

Microsoft (R) SQL Server Execute Package Utility  Version 9.00.3042.00 for 64-bit  Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1984-2005. All rights reserved.    Started:  12:24:20 PM  Error: 2008-06-06 12:24:37.87     Code: 0xC004706B    

Source: DTSTask_DTSDataPumpTask_1 DTS.Pipeline     Description: "component "OLE DB Destination" (66)" failed validation and returned validation status "VS_NEEDSNEWMETADATA".  End Error  Error: 2008-06-06 12:24:37.87     Code: 0xC004700C     Source: DTSTask_DTSDataPumpTask_1 DTS.Pipeline     Description: One or more component failed validation. 

To solve it, first I connect to Intergration Service from my SQL management studio, and I try to export this SSIS package to a .dtsx file, and opened this file from SQL Management Studio.

I remapped the columns in Flat file source against SQL2005 table columns, and import it back to SQL Server replacing the old one.

Execution of this package manually from the Package store returns me with the correct results i wanted.

But when I try to Start this package as a scheduled job in SQL Agent, I fails again with the same error message "VS_NEEDSNEWMETADATA". Is like whatever changes I made does not affect the scheduled task.

So I wonder, which package or file is the correct file i should be modifying? Thanks for helping.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 7:06 AM

All replies

•  Kygoo wrote:

Refer to other thread

i strongly suggest that you make only one thread per issue.  you can consolidate your questions into a single thread in order to eliminate duplication of effort.

thanks

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 7:13 AM
  • sorry for my bad english....

I didn't create two thread in the forum.

What I actually mean by "Refer to other thread" is : I already Read and tried the solution suggested on another similiar issue but that doesn't help.

Thanks for the suggestion i will edit the original post right away.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 7:48 AM
  •  Kygoo wrote:

sorry for my bad english....

I didn't create two thread in the forum.

What I actually mean by "Refer to other thread" is : I already Read and tried the solution suggested on another similiar issue but that doesn't help.

Thanks for the suggestion i will edit the original post right away.

ok.  obviously, i misunderstood your original post.

try this: turn on logging, execute the package with dtexec, and post the log messages.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 7:55 AM
  • that might take me a while to do so as I don't have direct access to the server. (Need to go through certain procedures)

will post the log as soon as i get the log file. Thanks for the instant reply.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 8:27 AM