none
How to make Collapse mode by default in RDLC

Question

• Hi,

I am using RDLC in VS2008.I have generated report from Sql server 2008 in ASP.NET with C# under RDLC(its  a matrix report).I have made settings in RDLC and applied Collapse/Expand mode,grouped the data as per my requirement button and done settings .Its working fine,but i want to retain the settings by default.For Ex.If i applied Collpase setting in RDLC,still the data is showing in Expand Mode.The report data is not collpased.Please do the needful.

Friday, December 10, 2010 6:22 AM

Answers

• Hi,

It might be different from repot in Reporting services. In order to achieve this in RDLC, we have to set some property in report itself.

The procedure is shown below:

1. Edit the detail group, then set the visibility property, it looks like this.

2. Then modify the InitialToggleState options of the parent group to "Expanded".

It looks like this.

I look forward to receiving your test results.

Thanks,

Challen Fu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, December 13, 2010 6:49 AM

All replies

• Hi,

It might be different from repot in Reporting services. In order to achieve this in RDLC, we have to set some property in report itself.

The procedure is shown below:

1. Edit the detail group, then set the visibility property, it looks like this.

2. Then modify the InitialToggleState options of the parent group to "Expanded".

It looks like this.

I look forward to receiving your test results.

Thanks,

Challen Fu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, December 13, 2010 6:49 AM
  • Dear challen,

I was found a way to make collapse setting by default.But have a minor problem now,page is getting poseback when i expand.So,the search criteria which is given in textbox is getting cleared since it was designed by UpdatePanel(Ajax).Please do the needful.How can i retain the value in the textbox?.

S.S.Ramprathap
    Monday, January 10, 2011 1:03 PM
  • Hi

Wanted to say thanks for your post - this worked perfectly in my Windows application :-)

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 8:10 AM