none
OLE DB provider 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' cannot be used for distributed queries because the provider is configured to run in single-threaded apartment mode.".

Question

• Please Please I need help.
    On adding a sql task
    SELECT * INTO temp_grades_959 FROM OPENROWSET('Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0',
    'Excel 8.0;Database=D:\importallgrades\Grades\grades_1.xls'
    , [Sheet1$])
    I get the following error message
    [Execute SQL Task] Error: Executing the query "SELECT * INTO temp_grades_959 FROM OPENROWSET('Mic..." failed with the following error: "OLE DB provider 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' cannot be used for distributed queries because the provider is configured to run in single-threaded apartment mode.". Possible failure reasons: Problems with the query, "ResultSet" property not set correctly, parameters not set correctly, or connection not established correctly.
    My server is sql 64 bit but the office potion is 36 we do not have office installed on the server
    I tried changing the package to run 32 bit by seting run64runtime to false
    I tried configuring adhocremotequiredenabled =true xpcomdshellenabled=ture
    tried installing AccessDatabaseEngine.exe
    (but it did not help) I tried to give the temp directory access I tried all the items in the following link
    The thing is I have on the server two folders for programfiles and programfiles (x386) the one x86 has a small folder office11 and officexx
    but the programfiles has no office folder
    I tried all the items in this link
    http://www.excel-sql-server.com/excel-import-to-sql-server-using-distributed-queries.htm
    one thing is that on trying to install

AccessDatabaseEngine.exe_64 and tried to import an excel spreadsheet 2007 it gave me an error that xx is not registered on this system.
    Thanks

sohairzaki
    Monday, November 21, 2011 9:03 PM

Answers

All replies