none
How to write the IIf statements in SSRS according to that headings should change

Question

•  

Hi All,

I have two columns one with current_fee and other with future fee. If the current fee is greater than the future fee I have to display one report with the header showing as decreased fee for the year so and so  and if the current fee is  lesser than the future fee I have to display another report with the header as increased for the year so and so..Please guide me it is very urgent..how to differentiate between these two reports like is it easy to make two reports or we can make a single report with two conditions in it please guide me..

Another request is that I have a report which has the parameters in the drop down list and I want to display different headings for each parameter selected...Please guide me in thios also..I am stuck..

Thanks

dotnetdev1

Monday, June 02, 2008 2:53 PM

Answers

•  

If its not multi value parameters, you can use a switch or iif statement.

ex;

switch(parameter!name.value = "A", "Nameof the 1st Report" , parameter!name.value="B", "Nameof 2nd Report")

etc

If its a multi value parameter, you need use join

Tuesday, June 03, 2008 3:30 PM
  •  

Thanks Shamen..,

Switch statement worked for me....

Thanks

dotnetdev1

Tuesday, June 03, 2008 9:15 PM

All replies

•  

Hi,

To use selected parameter value in the header you can use directly, Parameters!param_name.Value

Tuesday, June 03, 2008 6:16 AM
  • Hi Shilpa,,

Thanks for your response..But i want to display different headers for each parameter they select..I have a dropdown of parameters where there are different action codes...for each action code the user selects the heading should be changed...any suggestions??

Thanks

dotnetdev1

Tuesday, June 03, 2008 1:19 PM
  •  

If its not multi value parameters, you can use a switch or iif statement.

ex;

switch(parameter!name.value = "A", "Nameof the 1st Report" , parameter!name.value="B", "Nameof 2nd Report")

etc

If its a multi value parameter, you need use join

Tuesday, June 03, 2008 3:30 PM
  •  

Thanks Shamen..,

Switch statement worked for me....

Thanks

dotnetdev1

Tuesday, June 03, 2008 9:15 PM