none
SQLFULL_ENU.iso what do I do with that?

Question

• I downloaded the evaluation version and got an .iso file.  I didn't know what to do with that so a friend said to burn it's image with Nero.  now I have an Image.nrg file.  Neither of these do anything.

Can anyone tell me what I am missing here? 

Thank you,

Joanne
    Tuesday, June 16, 2009 4:27 AM

Answers

• An ISO image is an image of files that can be burnt to a CD. There are quite a handful of programs that let you open ISO files, i.e. Nero, WinRAR.

About WinRAR, it’s a simple tool and just does the job intended. Get your copy of WinRAR from this page http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm , double click on the setup file and the installation proceeds. During the setup process, WinRAR will ask you to set file associations, make sure that ISO is checked. Click ‘Done’ in the next window. Now, navigate to the folder where your ISO file is present. Notice that there’s a WinRAR icon indicating the ISO file. Double click to open the ISO file. WinRAR opens and the contents of the file are displayed.

As you have Nero already, I think you could open it and mount (mapping) it as a disk, and then in the My Computer, you could find one more CD drive, and open it, you will find the setup files and folders.
    Tuesday, June 16, 2009 5:15 AM

All replies

• An ISO image is an image of files that can be burnt to a CD. There are quite a handful of programs that let you open ISO files, i.e. Nero, WinRAR.

About WinRAR, it’s a simple tool and just does the job intended. Get your copy of WinRAR from this page http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm , double click on the setup file and the installation proceeds. During the setup process, WinRAR will ask you to set file associations, make sure that ISO is checked. Click ‘Done’ in the next window. Now, navigate to the folder where your ISO file is present. Notice that there’s a WinRAR icon indicating the ISO file. Double click to open the ISO file. WinRAR opens and the contents of the file are displayed.

As you have Nero already, I think you could open it and mount (mapping) it as a disk, and then in the My Computer, you could find one more CD drive, and open it, you will find the setup files and folders.
    Tuesday, June 16, 2009 5:15 AM
  • Thanks Liu. It was useful info. :)

Wednesday, July 07, 2010 4:12 AM