none
ADO.net to access SAS data

Question

• I'm looking for information how to access data from SAS.  I develop a page.aspx.vb that uses gridview to access data from a SQL data base, but know I have been told that actual information is in SAS. I was told that ADO.Net can be use to access that data but I'm not sure where to go from their. If any of you can point me to the right direction that would be great.

Thank you
    Thursday, January 31, 2008 2:24 PM

All replies

• This is most likely a question for SAS, but if you provide more detail on what you are trying to accomplish, we may be able to help.

E.g. are you trying to load SAS data into SQL Server?  SQL Server Analysis Services?  Integration Services?  Reporting Services?  Are you trying to access SAS data to your .Net application?

Thanks

-Jamie

Thursday, January 31, 2008 4:08 PM

• I'm trying to access SAS data to my .Net application.
    Thursday, January 31, 2008 7:45 PM
  • I am having the same sort of issue. I already installed the SAS ODBC Diver and made a connection. However I am getting errors when I try and use a SQLDataSource. It is very strange. I put in a call to SAS and still waiting on a response.

Friday, February 01, 2008 3:32 PM
  • I don't know if you will be able to use a datasource with a connection string to SAS from BIDS projects - I don't think the ODBC to OLEDB driver is a supported data provider.  However, using DMX, you should be able to form your own queries in whatever form the SAS ODBC driver requires.  Other than that, not having access to SAS myself (or even my team), I can't really say.

Monday, February 04, 2008 4:45 AM
  • Close but no. ODBC does support but as far as I can see just in ASP. When moving to .NET I get odd errors. I just find it hard to beleive that SAS has never encountered a developer trying to access the DB using .NET. I can write what ever queries I want. It just doesn't work. I have an older ASP system that works. But the powers that be want to convert it to .NET and issues like this are poping up. Once I get this issue resolved everything else is pie. I spoke with SAS and they are looking in to it. I will post my findings when and if there is a reasonable solution.

Tuesday, February 05, 2008 2:01 PM