none
Can't access Report server or reports site from client machine

Question

• Hi,

I think this must be a common problem and I've searched for an answer and tried several different things I've found here but they haven't resolved the issue. 

My problem is that from client machines I can't access the report server site on my report server.  I get a login prompt and if I put in my domain account information I keep getting prompted and then I just get a blank page.

My server is SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1 running on a Windows 2008 R2 SP1 server.  My reportserver instance runs using a domain account.

Locally on the server I can access the /reports and /reportserver pages with no problems. I created a test report in BI studio and was able to publish and access it with no problems on the server.  I had to add my report server server name to the list of trusted sites on the server to make that work but that was the only change I had to make. So all is ok on the server

In the /reports site, under Site settings and Security I've added my domain account to the System Administrator role. Also under Folder settings I've added my domain account to the Browser, Content Manager, My reports, Publisher and Report Builder roles. So I think I've got all the security defined correctly. 

But still on my client system when I go to the /reportserver site I get a login prompt and if I put in my domain account information I keep getting prompted and then I just get a blank page.

What am I missing?  It must be something real simple - hopefully.

Thanks in advance,

Nick

Saturday, May 25, 2013 8:13 PM

Answers

All replies