none
a specified logon session does not exist. it may already have been terminated

Question

• Hi, problem with implementing dynamic dimension security in SSAS 2008 R2. I'm keep getting this error :

a specified logon session does not exist. it may already have been terminated security SSAS

When i try to change user for testing security for specific users

Could some one give me a clue what's going on. Can't find much about this issue.

Greetz,

Hennie

Wednesday, July 06, 2011 4:49 PM

Answers

• Hi Hennie,

Yes, Cirss is correct. Once the specific user is not be recognized in the domain, the error occured. Also you will see the user name changed to be security ID in the role membership box.

Regards,

Jerry

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact  tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Hennie7863 Thursday, July 07, 2011 8:16 AM
    Thursday, July 07, 2011 6:34 AM

All replies

• I think the analysis service got stopped somehow...please restart it from services where the analysis service is running..please let us know

Thanks, Tanmoy Santra
    Wednesday, July 06, 2011 4:55 PM
  • Thanx for your quick reply. When i use the change user button in the browser window you can click on ... buton. It's possible to validate the user and press ok. When i do this only the username is copied back to the former window.

When i enter my laptop name before the user name i get an error "there are currently no logon servers available to srvice the logon request".

Read some posts on MSDN and one of Criss webb who is saying that the domain controller needs to be running. Is this true? I wan t to create a small lab environment for testing the security.

Thnx

Hennie

Wednesday, July 06, 2011 5:04 PM
  • Hi Hennie,

Yes, Cirss is correct. Once the specific user is not be recognized in the domain, the error occured. Also you will see the user name changed to be security ID in the role membership box.

Regards,

Jerry

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact  tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Hennie7863 Thursday, July 07, 2011 8:16 AM
    Thursday, July 07, 2011 6:34 AM
  • okay thanx. That's a pity. Greetz, Hennie

Thursday, July 07, 2011 8:18 AM