none
Page Number by group issue 2008R2 exporting to PDF

Question

• My report consists of three reports (2 subreports and one tablix) inside a common list object.

The List contains one group (BatchId) and no details. The BatchId tablix member is set to page break between batches, and the reset page number is set to true. Within the list, each tablix or subreport has the reset and the page break set on the BatchId group.

When I view the report in preview, each group shows Page 1 of 1 as it should. When I export the report to PDF, the page number displays as Page 1 of 47. Rather than resetting the page number by group, it is shown as though it ware the overall page number..

My expression is ="Page " & Globals!PageNumber & " of " & Globals!TotalPages so I'm not inadvertently referencing the Overall  counts.

How can I get the page number to reset properly?

Thanks!

Thursday, March 28, 2013 4:38 PM

Answers

• Hello,

I try to reproduce the issue in my test environment, however, it is works well. Did you get much blank pages or report render across pages after export to PDF? Please verify there is not page breaks cuased by the report size in the subreport and main report.

If the issue is caused by the blank page or across pages, in order to avoid this issue, please refer to the equalities below:
     •Width(InteractiveSize) + Margin(Left) + Margin(Right) = Width(PageSize)
     •Height(InteractiveSize) + Margin(Top) + Margin(Bottom) = Height(PageSize)

Regards,
    Fanny Liu

Fanny Liu
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, April 01, 2013 8:16 AM

All replies

• Hello,

I try to reproduce the issue in my test environment, however, it is works well. Did you get much blank pages or report render across pages after export to PDF? Please verify there is not page breaks cuased by the report size in the subreport and main report.

If the issue is caused by the blank page or across pages, in order to avoid this issue, please refer to the equalities below:
     •Width(InteractiveSize) + Margin(Left) + Margin(Right) = Width(PageSize)
     •Height(InteractiveSize) + Margin(Top) + Margin(Bottom) = Height(PageSize)

Regards,
    Fanny Liu

Fanny Liu
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, April 01, 2013 8:16 AM
  • Hello

May be you have to rmove blank columns which carry the spaces for this try filters that remove all blank rows and columns or you can edit wuerry by using ISNULL or you apply full join thats why it can fetch all null values too.

May be it`ll help you a little bit.

Thanks
    M Ahsan

Monday, April 01, 2013 9:06 AM