none
Connection attempt failed with error: '10061(No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.)'.

Question

• I am working in a distributed environment, I verified msgs have been successfully send from server1 db1 to server2 db2, but I still get the following error msg from the sender server through SQL profile:

Connection attempt failed with error: '10061(No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.)'.

Does anyone experienced the samething?

Thanks!

Friday, September 07, 2007 9:33 PM

All replies

•  

Hi John0010,

did you allow allow remote connections?

CU

tosc

Saturday, September 08, 2007 8:55 PM
  • check the sql server config manager and make sure that tcp/ip is enabled :-)
    Friday, January 29, 2010 9:10 PM
  • Make sure the ports on which both Service Broker endpoints are listening are not blocked by firewalls. The easiest method to verify that is to try to telnet to these ports from different machines.
    Saturday, January 30, 2010 9:24 PM
  • Hi Pawel,

I have a server broker issue and I have read through a vast number of your comments on similar issues today and you seem to be well informed in this area. On this note i hope you can assist me with a query...

I have formulated a solution between a local server (lets call this server A) and a WAN server (Server B). It took me some time to complete my solution but I did eventually formulate a one way comms link between the servers and ultimately two separate databases.

on server A there is currently a single source DB on server A which will frequently transmit messages to Server B. There are multiple databases on Server B.

initially I formulated a single process that upon execution of an SP on Server A would update a database on Server B. I figured I had mastered the required elements to continue with my solution.

I have written a second SP that sits on my source DB on server A that now updates a second DB on Server B. in order to keep all aspects separate I set up secondary services, queues etc within server broker.

I execute my SP all appears well, I can see the conversation on both servers on both databases, but the target server (server B) does not process the message.

I am at a complete loss and eager to find a way through this, I am struggling to debug this issue in order to full appreciate the problem.

I am happy to share any code I have formulated.

please advise.

Regards Phill

PW

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 4:35 PM
    • Check remote conenctions are enabled
    • Check Network conenctivity between database & applicaiton servers by TRACERT command
    • Check TCP/IP protocal enabled at SQL server
    • Check telent connectivity - telnet <IPadress> <portno on sql server runing>
    • Check UDP port 1434 is open or not on SQL Server

Please click the Mark as Answer or Vote As Helpful if a post solves your problem or is helpful!

Friday, August 24, 2012 12:41 AM