none
I try to import a report from Reporting Services and I cannot get authenticated

Question

• I am trying to import a rdl report from my RS server using PowerPivot in Excel 2010 (it is 32 bit), but I get the message that I have insufficient permission to do this.

The exact message is copied under:

"System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: The permissions granted to user 'HodentekWin7\mysorian' are insufficient for performing this operation. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.AccessDeniedException: The permissions granted to user 'HodentekWin7\mysorian' are insufficient for performing this operation.
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.ReportingService2005Impl.ListChildren(String Item, Boolean Recursive, CatalogItemList& CatalogItems)
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.WebServer.ReportingService2010.ListChildren(String ItemPath, Boolean Recursive, CatalogItem[]& CatalogItems)
    ----------------------------
    The permissions granted to user 'HodentekWin7\mysorian' are insufficient for performing this operation."

mysorian

Further to the above:

Excel is started with the Administrator (current user) Full Control

The error message is as follows:

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: The permissions granted to user 'HodentekWin7\mysorian' are insufficient for performing this operation. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.AccessDeniedException: The permissions granted to user 'HodentekWin7\mysorian' are insufficient for performing this operation.
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.ReportingService2005Impl.ListChildren(String Item, Boolean Recursive, CatalogItemList& CatalogItems)
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.WebServer.ReportingService2010.ListChildren(String ItemPath, Boolean Recursive, CatalogItem[]& CatalogItems)
    ----------------------------
    The permissions granted to user 'HodentekWin7\mysorian' are insufficient for performing this operation.

Is it possible that the Excel PowerPivot is a 32 bit program and the server is 64bit?

That's the only one I can think of:

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 8:57 PM

Answers