none
SSRS: repeat tablix left-most row group value on each row

Question

• Hi folks, I have a tablix in an SSRS 2008 report. It has two-level row groupings, and I'd like the value for the left-most grouping to continue to be displayed on each row. Eg, I get this:

group1,  subgroup1, 

subgroup2, 

... but I'd prefer...

group1,  subgroup1, 

group1,  subgroup2, 

I can't seem to find the option for this. Is it a strange thing to want?

Thank you, Bill

Monday, May 18, 2009 3:28 PM

Answers

• You can place the group value in the same group (row) as the subgroup.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 5:28 PM
  • Hi Bill,

If you want to display the Group1 value for each row, there are two ways to work around the issue.

Method 1. In the subgroup1 data textbox, set the expression as =Fields!group1.value+space(5)+Fields!subgroup2.value. Then hide the group1 column.

Method 2. Add a child group (subgroup2) for the group1. The subgroup2 is the same as the subgroup1. Set the expression of subgroup2 data textbox as =Fields!group1.value. Then hide the group1 column.

If you have any more questions, please let me know. 

Thanks. 

***Xiao Min Tan***Microsoft Online Community***
    Thursday, May 21, 2009 11:21 AM

All replies

• You can place the group value in the same group (row) as the subgroup.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 5:28 PM
  • Hi Bill,

If you want to display the Group1 value for each row, there are two ways to work around the issue.

Method 1. In the subgroup1 data textbox, set the expression as =Fields!group1.value+space(5)+Fields!subgroup2.value. Then hide the group1 column.

Method 2. Add a child group (subgroup2) for the group1. The subgroup2 is the same as the subgroup1. Set the expression of subgroup2 data textbox as =Fields!group1.value. Then hide the group1 column.

If you have any more questions, please let me know. 

Thanks. 

***Xiao Min Tan***Microsoft Online Community***
    Thursday, May 21, 2009 11:21 AM