none
SSIS Execute Package with Execute out of Process = True causes ProductLevelToLow error

Question

•  

Hi.

I have a master package, which executes child packages that are located on a SQL Server. The Child packages execute other child packages which are also located on the SQL server.

Everything works fine when I execute in process. But when I set the parameter in the mater package ExecutePackageTask to ExecuteOutOfProcess = True, I get the following error

Error: 0xC00470FE at DFT Load Data, DTS.Pipeline: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_PRODUCTLEVELTOLOW. The product level is insufficient for component "Row Count" (5349).

Error: 0xC00470FE at DFT Load Data, DTS.Pipeline: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_PRODUCTLEVELTOLOW. The product level is insufficient for component "SCR Custom Split" (6399).

Error: 0xC00470FE at DFT Load Data, DTS.Pipeline: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_PRODUCTLEVELTOLOW. The product level is insufficient for component "SCR Data Source" (5100).

Error: 0xC00470FE at DFT Load Data, DTS.Pipeline: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_PRODUCTLEVELTOLOW. The product level is insufficient for component "DST_SCR Load Data" (6149).

The child packages all run fine when executed directly, and the master package runs fine if Execute Out of Process is False.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Geoff.

Thursday, March 06, 2008 3:01 AM

All replies

• are the ssis components installed on the server?  "product level is insufficient" usually involves this.
    Thursday, March 06, 2008 8:32 AM
  • Is setting these Execute Package tasks to run out of process the only variable that is changing between when the packages work and when they fail? Same machine, same execution method, same tools, same user and all that?

Thursday, March 06, 2008 11:49 AM
  • I met the same problem. To your question, yes, that setting is the only difference between succss and failure situation.

Should I have to be admin locally? For security reason in company, I am not admin. Could non-admin run child packages in out-of-process mode?

Appreciate your helps.
    Friday, January 02, 2009 7:14 AM
  • Geoff,

I feel your pain.  I ran into the same problem this morning.

1.  My packages were running fine.
    2.  Changed ExecuteOutOfProcess = TRUE for my child packages.
    3.  Child packages fail with error message:  SSIS Error Code DTS_E_PRODUCTLEVELTOLOW.  The product level is insufficient.

When I changed the ExecuteOutOfProcess = FALSE the packages execute successfully.

I am researching this now.  I will post any resolution I find on this thread.

Scott Warren
    ETL Developer

Wednesday, August 19, 2009 8:02 PM
  • SSIS 2005 or SSIS 2008? Which Service Pack? Which OS? 32 or 64 bit?

As Duane mentioned, Please confirm if the SSIS feature installed if you look in add remove programs and change the SQL Server setup?

I haven't heard of this particular child-package out-of-process scenario in support, so it could be some environmental factor like a damaged install or security settings.

When SSIS runs a child package out of process (ExecuteOutOfProcess = TRUE) it is running the child package under DTSHost.exe. Maybe there is a problem there the DTSHost.exe can't a registry key or a file folder to determine if the full product is installed.

We fixed some bugs around this kind of thing in 2008 RTM CU4 http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?id=963070

Thx, Jason
    Didn't get enough help here? Submit a case with the Microsoft Customer Support team for deeper investigation - http://support.microsoft.com/select/default.aspx?target=assistance
    Sunday, August 23, 2009 2:32 AM
  • I have exactly the same problem and have been tearing my hair out until I found this post.  I am running SQL Server 2005 SP 2 on Windows XP SP 3 x86 and the server I'm connecting to is SQL Server 2005 SP 2 Windows Server 2003 R2 SP 2 x64 and both my workstation and server have Integration Services installed on them.

My child packages can be run individually with no problems, but as soon as I add a parent package with (ExecuteOutOfProcess = TRUE) I get the same error as Geoff and Scott.  When I change (ExecuteOutOfProcess = FALSE) It runs without a problem.
    • Proposed as answer by SScottIS Thursday, September 17, 2009 1:23 PM
    Thursday, September 17, 2009 4:53 AM
  • Geoff,

I was able to fix my issue by explictly calling the 32-bit version of dtexec.exe from SQL Server Agent.  The machine I was trying to run the package on has 64-bit SQL Server 2005.  By default the Agent will invoke the 64-bit dtexec.

So I had to:

1.  Create a proxy account and map to the sa
    2.  Create the job on the Agent
    --On the job step properties
    3.  Specify the Type of execution as "Operating System (CmdExec)"
    4.  Specify to run as the proxy account
    5.  Type in the command line something (example is generic) like:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\90\DTS\Binn\DTExec.exe" /f "<DriveLetter>:\MyFolder\MyPackage.dtsx"

6.  Click "OK" and start the job.
    Thursday, September 17, 2009 1:34 PM