none
New values not centering

Question

• Not sure if this is a powerpivot question.  I have a set of data that I'm  manipulating in powerpivot and outputting to a pivot table.  I have a numeric field that I want to center.  I select the column the number is in and center the column.  Problem is whenI refresh my data any new records left or right justify and I have to select the column again and center everything.  Kind of more painful as due to beautification I have the column headers hidden.  Am I doing this incorrectly?

Thanks.

Monday, February 18, 2013 9:48 PM

Answers

• There are pivot table options to preserve formatting on update.  Check that these are set the way you need them.

Under the PivotTable Analyze tab, there's an Options button on the left side of the ribbon.  This pops a form with the following settings.  Highlighted ones you should make sure are set as needed.  The bottom one should allow you to avoid losing your custom formatting.  Let me know if that helps.

Brent Greenwood, MS, MCITP, CBIP // Please mark correct answers and helpful posts // http://brentgreenwood.blogspot.com

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 3:00 PM

All replies

• There are pivot table options to preserve formatting on update.  Check that these are set the way you need them.

Under the PivotTable Analyze tab, there's an Options button on the left side of the ribbon.  This pops a form with the following settings.  Highlighted ones you should make sure are set as needed.  The bottom one should allow you to avoid losing your custom formatting.  Let me know if that helps.

Brent Greenwood, MS, MCITP, CBIP // Please mark correct answers and helpful posts // http://brentgreenwood.blogspot.com

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 3:00 PM
  • Thanks for the reply.  When I select my Flattened PivotTable don't have an Analyze tab but on the PowerPivot Options tab have it.  Both of those are checked already but new data still left aligns and doesn't center.  I think the problem is technically a new entry is considered a new cell so preserving cell format doesn't work.  I need like preserve column formatting or something.  Thoughts?  Missing something?

THanks.

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 7:22 PM
  • Is this still an issue?

Thanks!

Ed Price, SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Thursday, August 22, 2013 7:39 PM