none
The Value expression for the query parameter ‘viewName’ contains an error: [BC30201] Expression expected

Question

• I'm trying to use SQL Server 2005 Reporting services to publish SSRS reports on my company's SharePoint Portal. After much deliberation I was able to make the web query work but when I try to preview it, I get the following error:

The Value expression for the query parameter ‘viewName’ contains an error:

Error 1 [rsCompilerErrorInExpression] The Value expression for the query parameter ‘viewName’ contains an error: [BC30201] Expression expected.

The entered viewName is correct from my end, as I have tried to verify it from both GUID and webpart code behind (using SPD 2007). So I am pretty much sure that I am using a correct viewName here.

Looking fwd to hear from you guys!

Friday, May 06, 2011 6:21 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Just based on the error message, the Value expression for the query parameter ‘viewName’ contains an error. So, for investigating this problem, please post more details about configuration of the ‘viewName’ parameter, and the value you specified to the parameter before execute report.  

Thanks,
    Tony Chain

Tony Chain [MSFT CSG] | Microsoft Community Support
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Tuesday, May 10, 2011 9:12 AM